I was debating reviewing this place. Why? Because I like having places that aren't packed and filled with people who know. I'm selfish like that. But I really liked the people there and I want them to do well so share I shall. Sally, make sure you kick out your guests when we come back!
1. Amazing location. Camps Bay is so great. You can walk around without worries about safety, the beach is gorgeous, it's close to Table Mountain. The Atlantic House is actually a 5 minute drive from Table Mountain and a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. When we came we were focused on staying beach side but that was silly since the water is freezing and you will most likely spend your time looking at Table Mountain and other Cape Town attractions.
2. Amazing views. The ocean room (we had it for 2 nights) was quite breathtaking. You look onto the water and the sunsets are lovely. The garden view rooms were also nice but less "oomph".
3. Amazing food. You get cold breakfast (croissants, fruit, juice, cereal) and hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc.). I don't know what they put in the scrambled eggs (crack cocaine?) but it was quite nice.
4. Intimate. This is a small place with a few rooms. It won't ever be loud and you won't ever feel like the staff ignore you.
5. Helpful. The staff called restaurants and tours I wanted (from my own list). They didn't bat an eyelash when doing so. They arranged cabs, etc. We have an aversion to "touristy" places so they kindly put up with our nonsense and helped us plan. I ate slow cooked springbok at an Italian restaurant thanks to them. Sally helped my wife with advice on shoes to wear.
6. Friendly. Every single one of them. We hugged them before leaving. It made us sad to leave - we just made friends. Tell me the last time you did that at a hotel. If you did, you're weird just like us so we should get the name of the hotel you did that at.
Thank you again for the amazing stay.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Atlantic House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic House Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa