“AMAZING place to stay”
Review of Atlantic House

Atlantic House
Ranked #21 of 54 Camps Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I was debating reviewing this place. Why? Because I like having places that aren't packed and filled with people who know. I'm selfish like that. But I really liked the people there and I want them to do well so share I shall. Sally, make sure you kick out your guests when we come back!

1. Amazing location. Camps Bay is so great. You can walk around without worries about safety, the beach is gorgeous, it's close to Table Mountain. The Atlantic House is actually a 5 minute drive from Table Mountain and a 5-10 minute walk to the beach. When we came we were focused on staying beach side but that was silly since the water is freezing and you will most likely spend your time looking at Table Mountain and other Cape Town attractions.
2. Amazing views. The ocean room (we had it for 2 nights) was quite breathtaking. You look onto the water and the sunsets are lovely. The garden view rooms were also nice but less "oomph".
3. Amazing food. You get cold breakfast (croissants, fruit, juice, cereal) and hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, etc.). I don't know what they put in the scrambled eggs (crack cocaine?) but it was quite nice.
4. Intimate. This is a small place with a few rooms. It won't ever be loud and you won't ever feel like the staff ignore you.
5. Helpful. The staff called restaurants and tours I wanted (from my own list). They didn't bat an eyelash when doing so. They arranged cabs, etc. We have an aversion to "touristy" places so they kindly put up with our nonsense and helped us plan. I ate slow cooked springbok at an Italian restaurant thanks to them. Sally helped my wife with advice on shoes to wear.
6. Friendly. Every single one of them. We hugged them before leaving. It made us sad to leave - we just made friends. Tell me the last time you did that at a hotel. If you did, you're weird just like us so we should get the name of the hotel you did that at.

Thank you again for the amazing stay.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are the nicest but the garden/pool view is not shabby!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SassyCapeTown, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you so much for the beautiful and funny review! Hope you two are enjoying married life and hope to see you here for your future anniversaries :) Take care and all the best!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If you want a dream vacation in a beautiful location overlooking the ocean and Table Mountain with extraordinary service and amazing accommodation, this is it! With Atlantic House you expect perfect accommodation--beautiful views, comfortable beds, beautifully appointed rooms and bathrooms and open space with fireplace and ocean views. However, you get so much more than that. Sally and her team provide impeccable service. We were 3 couples who had never been to South Africa. When one couple had rental car difficulties, Sally jumped into action, suggesting that we use her phone to call and helped resolve the problem. She suggested restaurants in the area that provided us with experiences we will remember fondly for a lifetime. Breakfast, which is included, was delicious and served with pride overlooking the ocean with a flaming fireplace. What sets an accommodation apart for me is the service. Sally and her team provided impeccable service. When I return to Capetown, I will not hesitate to reserve my room at Atlantic House.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I booked this B&B through the mr and mrs website. it was the first place I stayed on my honeymoon in south Africa. I couldn't have wished for more.

Not only was the property walking distance to the beach and restaurants. it was beautifully decorated and the staff and service where amazing. they made me and my husband feel so at home. nothing was too much trouble. helped book taxi's give advice on restaurants (even had menus for us to look at to restuarants in the area) and things to do in the area. Breakfast was yummy too!!!

If you decide to book this place, there is a tourist sightseeing bus that leaves around the corner that takes you around the city and all the major attractions including a wine tour. it is well worth the money at £30 per person for two days.

Highly recommend this place

Room Tip: From memory there are only 7 rooms. all are good with a sea view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SassyCapeTown, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

HI Mr and Mrs Collins

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We appreciate it very much. It was a pleasure having you and your husband stay here! So glad you enjoyed it here! We aim to please :) Enjoy married life and we hope to see you in the future. All the best !

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed here two nights in mid August - couldn't fault the setting, the service and definitely not the view from the room and also the lovely balcony. Everything was spotlessly clean and their breakfasts were delicious, with more than enough variety to suit all palates. Atlantic House is very well situated, not only for Camps Bay, but as a base to explore Cape Town and its surrounding area. Very highly recommended by two seasoned and rather fussy travellers!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi there
We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Atlantic House. Thank you very much for the wonderful compliments. Should you ever come to Cape Town again, it would be lovely if you could stay with us again. All the best. Kind regards Sally

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in March 2012 (bit slow with our review!!!) and it was faultless. Room was perfect, with a gorgeous ocean view, breakfasts were delicious and staff couldn't have been more helpful and attentive. Hope to return soon! :-)

Room Tip: The room opposite reception is apparently the best!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SassyCapeTown, Manager at Atlantic House, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Thank you for that wonderful review, it sounds like you really enjoyed your time here. Come back anytime you want to feel at home. We so happy we exceeded your expectations!

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Loved this place. Cannot wait to go back here. Lovely staff, very helpful. Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable. Great location. Easy to get around and see the sights of Camps Bay. Nothing was a problem for the girls. Will definitely be staying here when I'm back in Cape Town.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for the great review and the fantastic title! We so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and our service. We love any and all feedback and we hope you will stay with us again !

Reviewed April 28, 2013

It was my first trip to SA and Atlantic House was my first stop - well I felt so lucky! The house is amazing - wonderful rooms, location and the staff always goes above and beyond for you!! Cannot wait to return (though i actually changed my plans and went back after a trip to the wine farms)!

Room Tip: One of the lovely rooms which face the Atlantic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hi Andrea from New York!

Good to hear from you and thank you for your fantastic review! We are very pleased you came to stay with us twice! It was quite interesting and entertaining having you stay here. I am glad we made your stay memorable. We love what we do which makes it easier to go beyond our means to please our guests. I certainly hope you will come stay with us again... a glass of wine awaits you on the balcony :)