Tripadvisor
Camps Bay
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best seafood meal ever! Exceptional”

Codfather Seafood & Sushi
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

WOW! An incredible experience guided for our waiter who’s passion and knowledge of seafood made it a wonderful experience.

The service, food and wine were all first class. An absolute must visit

So good, I even bough a t-shirt!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (4,198)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was high quality as other reviews attest to. But the service was very poor. We were passed from waiter to waiter. Drinks orders were forgotten. Our food order was mixed up. And they could not find space for my pregnant wife at a table near the fish counter - despite the fact that there were vacant tables.

I suspect the service is better upstairs than in the wine cellar where we were sat. But not to excuse a very poor showing.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 10 days in Cape Town and ate at several really good restaurants. The Codfather was a revisit from several years ago, and not surprisingly the quality of the food is still really terrific. I’m perhaps unusual and find that the choice of fish is fairly limited and I also feel a little confused when the waiter asks me how many grams of a particular fish I want, especially as It’s not clear or obvious as to how much that fish costs. Ok groans over!!
The food is still terrific, simply cooked, completely fresh and wonderfully tasty. Fabulous.
When we went it was very busy, so a little cramped and as we left there was a deep queue of folk up the stairs and outside trying to get to eat. So if you love fish of the best quality then you just have to book ahead.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Almost a year after a bad experience here, I 'called in' the management's offer to compensate me with a R500 voucher for my next meal. I went today and...was this the same Codfather?

'Dylan', the manager, greeted me. He said he remembered me from last year - itself remarkable.

'Jordan' showed me to a perfect window table. I ordered oysters and the butter fish ($69 for 100 grams) with vegetables. Lunch was terrific: Saldanha oysters fresh and swiftly despatched.; the butter fish soft and yielding with a precise consistency. Vegetables and rice were executed al dente, as they should be. And all this topped off with a glass of cold Gabrielskloof sauvignon blanc. Service was excellent.

'Dylan' made my day by telling me there would be NO CHARGE for lunch. 'I'll be back' I said. Replied Dylan: 'That's all we want to hear.'

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing local fresh fish simply cooked to perfection. Sushi was also fantastic and all reasonably priced with great service