“Great Fish”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Hong Kong, China
“Great Fish”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Go early to get the best catch!
Great service---loved the selection of fish and preparation.
Good value.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stellenbosch, South Africa
“Seafood superb”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great unpretentious restaurant with fabulous fresh fish and seafood. Half price sushi till 6pm. Waiters are friendly, knowlegable and the winelist is superb. We had a relaxed dinner, got to select our fish and prawns from a glass covered counter, it was prepared to perfection with veg & chips. No space for dessert!

London
“Not up to expectations”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My partner had been recommended this restaurant by English friends so we were really looking forward to our dinner there. When we arrived there was a large party of loud women which made the place feel like a fairground. We selected some prawns and 3 kinds of fish but when they came to the table, everything had been cooked with the same coating of spice - why - and became cold quickly. Shame because the fish when fresh looked nice but I would have done much better at home!

• Visited April 2013
Netanya, Israel
“Amazing seafood”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

There's no menu, just lots of delicious fresh seafood and fish. You choose your own cuts, and then they cook it up for you. Absolutely delicious! The sushi wasn't bad either!

Visited April 2013
“The set up could have been better”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I came with friends recommending this place. So it might have been a little biased on their part since they are friendly with the owner. But the sushi bar set up was a self serve where you walk to grab dishes. Really not much service in that when I need to get it myself. There is no menu. The sushi not that creative. And the cut of sashimi not professional. Some were very thin. And when asked the sushi chef the "name" of a certain dish he did not know the terminology of it. Hmm...it was ok. Better than the waterfront but I won't name it.
They do have fish that you pick and then grilled. But we didn't get a chance to try.
The prices were not so bad as we had 8.
The wine list is extensive but far too costly. Some being upwards R300. I brought my own with corkage R40 for the first and R50(?) for thereafter. Which faired great with sushi. But the waitron didn't seem so happy I brought my own.
Parking is on street. So good luck finding a spot. 12-6pm half off sushi. I didn't glance at the bill so I can't say how much each dish was.
Lovely restaurant upstairs with a great view at sundown. Will I rush back?Probably not.
I think I'll retire my need for sushi in Cape Town. I'd rather eat a great steak

• Visited April 2013