“Amazing seafood”

Codfather Seafood & Sushi
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Netanya, Israel
“Amazing seafood”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

There's no menu, just lots of delicious fresh seafood and fish. You choose your own cuts, and then they cook it up for you. Absolutely delicious! The sushi wasn't bad either!

Visited April 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“The set up could have been better”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I came with friends recommending this place. So it might have been a little biased on their part since they are friendly with the owner. But the sushi bar set up was a self serve where you walk to grab dishes. Really not much service in that when I need to get it myself. There is no menu. The sushi not that creative. And the cut of sashimi not professional. Some were very thin. And when asked the sushi chef the "name" of a certain dish he did not know the terminology of it. Hmm...it was ok. Better than the waterfront but I won't name it.
They do have fish that you pick and then grilled. But we didn't get a chance to try.
The prices were not so bad as we had 8.
The wine list is extensive but far too costly. Some being upwards R300. I brought my own with corkage R40 for the first and R50(?) for thereafter. Which faired great with sushi. But the waitron didn't seem so happy I brought my own.
Parking is on street. So good luck finding a spot. 12-6pm half off sushi. I didn't glance at the bill so I can't say how much each dish was.
Lovely restaurant upstairs with a great view at sundown. Will I rush back?Probably not.
I think I'll retire my need for sushi in Cape Town. I'd rather eat a great steak

Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Simple Choices, Relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Enjoyable dinner experiences, will be back - liked the fact that there is no menu - sushi for starters and then look at the fish monger section for a choice of fresh fish for main course. Good wine selection, my choice is the Catherine Marshall Pinot Noir

Prague, Czech Republic
“Our first night in Camps Bay with unbelievable nice oysters and crayfish”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We arrived after 14 days in the bush in Botswana and Kruger to the Cams bay with no idea where to go to have dinner. The nice staffs of Ocean view hotel in Bakeoven have recommended and reserved this place. We came to the common looking place and we set down, the surprise came when the waiter took us to the great choice of fresh fish. We ordered and became oysters, the tasted as never before and the same does the crayfish. Believe us, this is the place, which is value to go there.

Visited April 2013
Stockholm
“Good but much too expensive”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

A very different experience! We asked the waiter to see the menue. He asked us to follow him to the counter and showed all the raw fishes and asked us to choose. So we did, but we are rapidly observant both of us, so we saw the price. Because every time they weigh something it also tells the price.

The taste of this fresh seafood was absolutely delicious, but the price was a quite different story. We’ll keep looking for a seafood restaurant with the same freshness but for less money.

1 Thank AroundTheWorld000