“Fine Dining”

Paranga
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, International
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Definitely a place for the adults. Not really one for younger children. Food fantastic and wine wonderful, a fine dining restaurant.

Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

We would like to thank you for feedback regarding your recent visit and look forward to the next one!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,328)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Paranga was highly recommended by our friends who spend a lot of time in Cape Town. The sign is easy to miss though so despite it being right on the strip we missed it the first few times and went to Zenzero next door first which was always more busy and lively. That said we tried Paranga for dinner one night (be sure to book ahead in summer months, 3 couples were turned away in front of us at 8pm). The service was good and the food was nice enough and like everywhere in Cape Town for those travelling on the pound - great value (You'd pay a fortune for a similar experience in say London and be missing the amazing view). Maybe we were there on an off night as this place seems to have all the ingredients to be awesome.

1  Thank CatScanCassidy
Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit to Paranga.

We strive to deliver a memorable experience to each and every customer and try our utmost best to exceed their expectations. On behalf of the team, I would like to apologize for having failed you in this regard.

It would be great to get more information if at all possible. Please contact me on monique@kovecollection.co.za

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was in Cape Town on a 10 day stay. My friend & I went into Paranga as we were advised their kitchen stays open until 10:30 hrs, we went out rather late for dinner. It was right next to our hotel, The Bay Hotel, Perfect! And how lucky were we to be placed at one of Bernice's tables. Had a lovely meal, very relaxing ambience, decor and style stylish & cool and loved the music in this restaurant, food & wine was reasonably priced, service was excellent, Bernice is excellent at her job, her enthusiam and bubbly personnality shines through, being served by Bernice just made the whole experience even more enjoyable. The manager Ronald, spoke to us to ask us how everything was and I told him that we're really enjoying the meal and that I loved the music that they were playing.

We enjoyed our meal and service so much we dined at Paranga a further three times whilst in Camps Bay, each visit was as enjoyable as the first! We specifically requested to be seated at Bernice's tables as for me she offered the best service I'd received anywhere in Camps Bay. Each meal we had was as enjoyable as the last, Bernice and Ronald both made us feel very welcomed and looked after us extremely well and we became friends.

On our last visit to Paranga I was very touched by the gestures that both Ronald & Bernice gave to me, how lovely are they. Ronald remember that I'd said that I loved the music they were playing in the restaurant and presented me with a Paranga CD, filled with the music that I enjoyed during my visits there and Bernice also bought me the perfect little pressie, how did she know that I loved what she gave me. Again I was truely touched by the gesture and thoroughly enjoying consuming it!

If you have any problems understanding english and need some pratical demontrations regarding the menu - then Bernice is your girl, she's great at doing mimes to customers who struggle with english, hence the photo to explain venison! All I can was I was laughing all night and it still makes me laugh. Priceless moments that will stay with me forever!

Thank you Paranga, Ronald & the lovely Bernice and all the team at Paranga. And Monique thank you again for your assistance at Zenzero.

I personally loved this restaurant and will definitely be visiting Paranga again and catching with my new friends!

If you need

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your detailed report on your recent visit.

Your comments will be shared with the team which I am sure will be quite pleased with the positive feedback.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We hadn't made a reservation which wasn't an issue, waitress seemed very hurried, we were given menus and sat at a table near the front of restaurant, there were no napkins on the table, we were then asked for our order, I asked for napkins but they didn't arrive! I was waiting over 10 minutes and they still didn't arrive until I asked again, it wasn't until the waitress came to the next table that I overheard there was a list of specials which sounded very nice, we were never told about any specials, the waitress was initially quite rude when I asked why we hadn't been told about specials, she did try to redeem herself as the evening went on but the damage was already done.

Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Good Day Micky & Sally,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and constructive criticism.

Please accept our apologies for the poor service received on the evening in question. We would very much like to address it internally. Could you kindly please contact me via email: monique@kovecollection.co.za to discuss the matter further?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Perfect spot at the end of a sun-soaked day. Strawberry daiquiries were just the perfect fruity sundowner. They were perfectly fruity as you watch the sun set over this little paradise without any anger. Certainly not about the service, which was perfect, too. Maybe about the prices, which are high, as expected.

Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Good Day Psasha,

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We are looking forward to your next visit!