“exceeded every expectation”

Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, International
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are regular customers at Paranga ... or as regular as a Joburger could be but was yet again blown away by your restaurant .... great food , service , ambience and attentive interactive staff .... Getting better and better each time

Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Hi Godfrey,

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback and fantastic rating.

It is really great to know that our constant strive to deliver an amazing experience to each and every customer is recognized!

We look forward to your next visit!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,225)

Reviewed November 22, 2012

By the looks of the restaurant's decor and location we thought we were gonna have a wonderful breakfast experience. Not!! R70,00 for an omelette supposedly made with 3 eggs. The tiny omelette was more a frittata and it was terribly dry. We were quite shocked to find out later on that this was "an award winning" restaurant. It is completely overpriced and surely the last time this place will rip me off.

Hi Jeantette,

Thank you for your feedback.

We aim to offer our customers a superior product, setting and service and apologize for not meeting these standards upon your visit at our establishment.

Please advise if there is any way that we can make it up to you and proof that we are do try and provide our customers only the best!

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Great food, booking made 2 months in advance and front office staff don, t care as they seem to give yr table away to walk ins!Was very embarassed as had overseas visitors and was planning the perfect evening. We checked our booking the day before and there were only 2 bookings in the book. sHaMEFUL

1  Thank margyshiels
Monique S, General Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Good Day,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I would like to apologize for the miscommunication with regards to your seating arrangements, but more importantly, putting you in a awkward and embarrassing situation with your guests.

I do recall the incident as I was the manager on duty and remember that I tried to rectify the situation as quickly as possible to ensure that you and your guests are comfortable.

We constantly strive to correct any wrong doings and can only learn and grow from our mistakes. I hope that we are able to make it up to you in the near future and that you'll be willing to give us a second chance.

Kind Regards,
On behalf of
Ronald Goosen (General Manager)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

A fantastic experience, great food, great service and I even enjoyed the few random African dancers and singers who were livening up the street ....
Sunset was the best I have seen in years and cocktails flowed into the evening.
THANK YOU.....

Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Hi there,

Thank you so much for the great feedback! Hoping to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Paranga was recommended to my sister and I by the hairdresser of the owner, must go to as an award winning restaurant. We arrived after making a reservation and were led to the very back of the restaurant and offered a table for six (there were two of us!). We refused the table and asked for something more appropriate for two - they gave us a four seater at the door of the kitchen, with waiters barging through and kithen staff shouting audibly over the music!! We asked to be moved, so our waiter said he'd find us a place more suitable. He then came and said we were being moved to the best seat in the house (imagine our anticipation!!), joke! we got sent to centre front facing the the road and the taxi's, how magical! Even the manager had the cheek to imply that we had a great view!! We couldn't see the sea because it was night time, just taxi's on view !!!! Food came and my steak was good. My sisters chicken, which I tried, was not good(tasted better at Nandos). The waiter then told us to try the Chocolate Fondante for dessert which took 20 mins to prepare. We went for the Chocolate Fondante! 20 minutes later the waiter arrived with a single Chocolate Fondante! When questioned as to where the second dessert was, he said he thought we only wanted one to share!?! My sister then said she would have Ice Cream instead. The waiter apologised and retreated to get the Ice Cream. A few minutes later the waiter appears with a sauce bowl no bigger than 10cm in diameter, containing a single scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream, at which point my sister just burst out laughing in sheer disgust at the apathy of the situation. On realising how stupid he was the waiter offered a second scoop of Ice Cream and scurried of to fetch it. Another few minutes later he reappears with not a dessert bowl with two fresh scoops of Ice Cream, but another sauce bowl with a single scoop of Ice Cream. You can't make it up! Fawlty Towers looks classy by comparison! At least the management in Fawlty Towers took an interest in there clients!!!! To add insult to injury, we were charged full price for the dodgy Ice Cream experience! I think that Paranga is up itself and not at all worth the money!! AVOID !!!! Get over yourselves and your award because you failed my expectations, had better at Cote in London, which is a chain!

1  Thank a m
Monique S, Public Relations Manager at Paranga, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Good Day,

I would like to apologies on behalf of the team for your disappointing dining experience.

We pride ourselves in putting our customers fist and have failed you in this regard. Is there any way that we can make it up to you upon your next visit to South Africa?

You may contact me directly on monique@kovecollection.co.za.

I look forward to hearing from you.