“Beautiful place, people and food”
Review of Paranga

Paranga
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Camps Bay
Cuisines: Sushi, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Ate here twice on a recent visit to Camps Bay. Service was excellent, attentive but not overpowering. Waiting staff showed a good knowledge of the food on offer, especially some types of fish which we had not heard of.
Sushi was excellent and well priced.Line fish of the day really good. Desserts were amazing. A great experience, although not very cheap it felt more expensive than it actually was. I would return on another visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

After 9 amazing meals in Cape Town, we were hoping for our 10th and last to be great as well. Unfortunately, Paranga let us down. The atmosphere and service were great but the food for the most part was very poor. My starter (the Kataifi crusted goat’s cheese, asparagus, balsamic reduction and basil pesto) was actually really delicous and possibly my best starter on the trip but it was downhill after that. My partner's, the shrimp cocktail was sickly. His main (Kingklip, the line fish of the day) tasted (in his words) "like it had been hanging around for a while." I had the chicken shnitzel which was flavourless (luckily the sauce with it was nice).

1  Thank Merchant-fan
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This restaurant is excellant, staff and food a notch above most places in Camps Bay. The best fillet steak around. The only curious thing is that the best tables at the front are the most sought after and are booked way in advance so as we are going in Feb 2012 I tried to book one of these tables. I was told that these tables can't be reserved. This surprised me somewhat as whenever we go there these tables are empty and fill up with people during the evening, some very large parties so I think someone is being a bit disingenuous! When I mentioned this as we visit paranga at least twice during our holiday, the person at the end of the phone had a change of heart and decided we could book after all except he couldn't find the 2012 diary and could I call back in a few weeks. After visiting Paranga for many years, it is quite appararent that the top tables are booked for the 'beautiful people' and alas it doesn't look as though my partner and I qualify for that position!

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Went for lunch. Right across from the beach with gorgeous views. A Miami vibe with great fish!

Reviewed October 10, 2011

From the start Dominique our waiter was gorgeous! She did everything right and made us feel special. We were celebrating the marriage of our friends in a small same sex ceremony at the table and the restaurant staff were wonderful and very excited for us all too.
Camps bay for a same sex marriage we thought would be very fitting, the gorgeous sunshine and the endless stream of high end cars made it perfect too!
The Billecarte champagne was perfect and the seafood was the best we have had in south Africa.
Oysters, prawn cocktail with an edgy new twist, baby Kingklip to die for and tuna steak with sesame and pepper crust with wasabi mash. All perfect!
The mint martini was dreamy along with excellent wine selections available on the menu.
Perfect place to relax and spoil yourself with great cuisine, fantastic service and a gorgeous sunset. Very cool.