We stayed at the Glen Apartments in November 2012 and had a wonderful stay. We found it hard to find Glen Apartments on the Sat Nav as Chilworth Road didn't feature on it and the post code and co-ordinates listed on the site sent us miles away, so search for Sedgemoor Road, Camps Bay. Glen Apartments is on Chilworth Road off the seaside-end of Sedgemoor Road. Anyway, it was well worth the slightly tricky journey.
The apartments are nestled within beautifully kept grounds, there's a little swimming pool on-site which is nice for a dip but it's not really big enough to laps. The lovely thing about the whole site including the pool/sunbathing area is that you can see the 12 Apostles mountain range from most spots which is lovely. And if you need a bigger pool and more facilities, just pop down to the hotel group's Sandy B members club at The Camps Bay hotel. There does seem to be a bit of confusion about what Glen Apartments customers can access, one lady on reception told us we had full use of the hotel, members club and all facilities and another chap on the gate said we could only sit at the little pool and bar. We opted for the lady's advice and used the gym, pool and bar service. Plus there are some lovely little private pools overlooking the ocean, which is a wonderful place to chill, with your feet in the water, as the sun sets. And the sun sets are truly amazing in Camps bay.
Having a car is great, as you can zip to most of the usual tourist spots easily and parking at Glen Apartments is underground and free. There is a nice little Supermarket on the main shopping street in Camps bay (at the opposite end to Glen Apartments) called Pick 'n' Pay for all your groceries. And there is a brilliant fish restaurant called Cod Father above another bar or shop near the Pick 'n' Pay car park which is really well worth a visit.
Back at the Glen apartments, the staff are really friendly, helpful and attentive. Our apartment was a spacious, well appointed, super-stylish two-bedroom property with everything you could ever need in your own apartment back home, let alone a holiday property! We really didn't want to leave. Plus the washing machine and tumble dryer means you can head home with all your clothes clean and fresh.
We will most definitely be back the The Glen Apartments in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amongst a wooded area, The Glen Apartments takes its name from the 35 acre Glen forest nature reserve that the apartments verge on in Camps Bay. The Glen Apartments consists of luxury serviced apartments with views of the ocean, Twelve Apostles mountain range and Lion’s Head, and finished with modern and clean aesthetics and expansive windows that maximise the scenery. Guest enjoy exclusive arrangement with the bordering property, Camps Bay Retreat, offering a restaurant, spa and tennis court. We also offer exclusive membership to Sandy B Private Beach Club, situated at The Bay Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Glen Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glen Apartments Hotel Camps Bay
- The Glen Apartments Camps Bay, Cape Town, South Africa