“Saturday Dinner”

Ton Khoon Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 99 Restaurants in Bellville
Description: Ton Khoon Restaurant, we are fully authentic Thai, Thai Chefs and staff ensuring Thailand experience at its best. Enjoying Real Thai Food in a peaceful environment next to a lake with tranquility, making it an experience to remember.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was our first dining experience. It was really good. The service was friendly and quick and our meal was also quite delicious. Our drinks were ice cold and they brought ice and water all at the same time without evening having to ask. Nice setting at the waters edge and the décor inside tasteful and authentic. They did have load shedding but service was not interrupted. We will definitely be back to try some more items on the menu. We ordered the garlic rice with out main. So yummy could just eat that on it's own.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

Ton Khoikhoi is a local eatery that we frequently go to for date night, not because it’s close, rather the food is better than anything we’ve eaten in Thailand.

So after visiting Thailand last year with our kids, we decided to take them to Ton Khoon for the first time. We got the rolling eyes and the comments that the food would never be as good as what they had eaten in Thailand.

When you’re older and wiser, you know better than to argue, just let them make up their own minds.

Run by Johan and his Thai wife Annie (and her extended family) you get a really authentic Thai experience. The food is outstanding, and apparently our kids think so to. Well if “we should go back there again” is anything to go by.

Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Treated my overseas guests to a special meal. One of them, an ex chef, said it was probably the best Thai food he'd eaten.
Service tops, ambiance excellent. I can go on, you just have to visit and form your own opinion.
Me can't get better and I eat out and travel a great deal.

Reviewed February 13, 2019

My family and I visited this restaurant for an early birthday celebration dinner. I was not aware of the fact that reservations are advised for a Saturday night but we were warmly welcomed and shown to our seats. What an experience it turned out to be! The food was tasty and the presentation was lovely. We started with vegetable Spring Rolls and ordered Masaman Curry, Red Curry, Sweet and Sour Crispy Pork and Vegetables, Fried Rice, Jasmine Rice and a Vegetarian Noodle dish. All the dishes tasted great but my personal favourite was the Vegetarian Noodle dish (with cashew nuts). My nephew, a Milkshake Connoisseur, declared the Chocolate Milkshake the best he's ever had and my Sister, the Hot Chocolate Connoisseur, made a similar observation of her drink. Needless to say, we will be back.

Date of visit: February 2019
Tonkhoon, Owner at Ton Khoon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2019

Thank You Christina, we are passionate about quality. You review is highly appreciated.
Hope to see you soon again! Ton Khoon Team

Reviewed January 23, 2019 via mobile

How do you start praising a top class restaurant? Simple really... dear reader, if you want an authentic Thai food experience, then this is the place for you. Our meal started with Sushi (to die for!!) then din sum, followed by curries! The service, attention to detail and advice given for your specific tastes is impeccable! Trust me, you have never experienced anything like this! Salmon all the way from Norway, fish imported from the East, authentic Sushi Chef, I can go on and on, but will spare you the effort of reading my babble. Get in your car and take a drive out to this treasure! You will not regret it!

Date of visit: January 2019