“Not my favourite anymore”

Arugula Bistro and Bread
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Bellville
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2019 via mobile

This use to be my favorite restaurant, and I loved eating there, but nothing is the same anymore.

Staff does not look professional anymore. The whole atmosphere of this restaurant has changed.

The food was fine, but used to better food from Arugula.

Will not take any guest out to this restaurant anymore.

Reviewed January 28, 2019

My food order was messed up and was very badly handled by both the waiter and the manager. They clearly lacked command of the English language or even inter-personal skills.

Our waiter's clothes was filthy, lacked buttons and had an odour. I observed staff scratching their heads and then digging in the feta cheese to make a salad.

I observed many patrons walking out on the same night due to poor service. Perhaps staff could attend as much to patrons as they did to their phones whilst on duty.

My attempts to make the owner aware of my concerns were not successful as he did not bother to return my call. Pity, as if it was my restaurant I would have appreciated an improvement opportunity or attended to health concerns.

1  Thank Albertgerber
Reviewed January 10, 2019 via mobile

Visited with an old friend. Definitely the place where the locals go. Very good food. Had pulled pork on a toasted home-backed roll. Wife had chicken on a roll. Reasonably priced. Will visit again.

Reviewed November 23, 2018 via mobile

Breakfast very tasty. Good service. Unfortunately no eggs benedict as listed on the best eggs benedict google search.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2018

Many times we were spoiled with a delicious dinner with various, ongoing option changes. When we went to breakfast the other day, it was really disappointing. No freshly prepared muesli with fresh fruits and yogurt, no freshly baked muffins or any other goodies. Just the standard, basic breakfast offering. We definitely are not back for breakfast here.

Date of visit: October 2018