“Spicy and nice”

Thaifoon Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 109 Restaurants in Bellville
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Thaifoon Restaurant is Located in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town South Africa. The Restaurant Imports Thai Products in the Hospitality Business. We Surving the Finest Authentic Thaifood in our South African Based Thai Restaurant. Statistics shows that Visitors from around the Globe Frequently visit Thaifoon during their Stay. We are Striving to Offer more than just a Restaurant. The World Class Thai Chefs Prepare Food of the Highest Quality in our Well Equipped Kitchen. Thaifoon South Africa is not Affiliated to Any Franchise Restaurant Group. We keep our Recipes and Food Authentic.
Reviewed January 7, 2019

Spicy Green Thai curry to die for and will recommend anytime, the venue is very laid back and friendly staff to assist you. Amazing

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed April 24, 2018

My family and I have eaten at Thaifoon Restaurant a number of times, and we have never been disappointed. A warm and cosy setting, very good Asian food, and friendly informative waitrons makes this restaurant a winner. Pricing is fair. I will go there again.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank dl0urens
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I found about this steak joint via the Entertainer app. So glad we tried them. Fantastically well-cooked steaks and great wait staff. I'll definitely be going back.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed December 27, 2017

SOOOOOOO disappointed to arrive there an found the owners were forced to seek alternative venue since the rent went up by 75%. I spoke to Lum - they definitely intend to re-open. Keep in touch with them and support them. They deserve it.

Date of visit: December 2017
12  Thank ElmaLovesTravel
Reviewed November 6, 2017

I have last been to Thaifoon about 12 years ago, and was quite surprised when my husband suggested we go there again - they've surely stood the test of time!
I travel to Thailand very often and love the cuisine, that's why it's nice having a good Thai restaurant nearby when the craving kicks in.
We were warmly welcomed and seated at a nice window table. The restaurant was getting busy, but not overly crowded. My husband had the Tom Yum Soup as starter - which I have to admit was one of the best I've ever tasted.
I opted for the prawn spring rolls (which were ok, but more like a prawn covered with spring roll wrapping and no other filling ingredients).
We were both a bit disappointed by our main meals - it tasted nice, but were not quite what we expected.
I ordered the Chicken Pad Thai, and my husband the Pork Curry with egg fried rice.
My husband's comments on his food was that it was "just ok". He asked for "medium spicy" which it was not. We have noticed the trend from certain Thai restaurants (even in Thailand) to weaken the level of spiciness tremendously to accommodate Western palates - something I am so disappointed in. It makes traditional dishes loose then authenticity. The pad thai I ordered was bland and had very little noodles in the dish itself. The balance of noodle, meat and bean sprouts were not correct, and it lacked the traditional peanut / lime / egg combination. It was covered with a runny peanut-soy sauce which formed a puddle of fluid in the plate and was quite messy. Not what I know as a traditional pad thai. The experience is ok, I am comparing it with another popular local Thai restaurant though, which I found to be better.

Date of visit: November 2017