“Take Away Pizza...or Eat In”
Review of Col'Cacchio

Col'Cacchio
Ranked #10 of 106 Restaurants in Bellville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Col’Cacchio Willowbridge is an elegantly Italian pizzeria. We’re all about thin based pizzas, gourmet pastas, and freshly prepared salads.
Reviewed June 13, 2018

Col'cacchio pizza is okay. We did take away, so were happy that the crusts were crisp and thin, but everything was kind of tasteless. This place is not a favorite for us and the pizza is a bit on the expensive side considereing the taste. We had the Norm's Pralina (butternuet & tomato base, roasted butternut, chili, feta, pumpkin seed praline, rocket) and the Morituri (seasoned chicken, bacon, avo feta and roasted red pepers). Neither would be order again. The service was good for a busy Friday night. staff pleasant and it was easy ordering over the phone. The pizzas were done as per the time frame given. We would not rule out going again as they have a gluten free option, but perhaps try different pizzas or build our own.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

The food was great, we had a light meal and it came fast. My daughter had a milkshake. The service was not great, I could have left without paying as the waiter just stayed away and was no where to be seen. I asked to a glass of water when I received the bill which I never received. I had to pay using zapper as the waiter didn’t return. I left a note on the bill saying that I paid with zapper.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 18, 2018

Quality of the pizza is what makes this place so special! We went there for early supper and have had a pineapple & ham pizza and a banting beef bolognese. Both were absolute delicious. The service was not the greatest on this day but they were also quite busy because of their current running promo. As a suggestion, maybe not too many rules for a promo, otherwise it works contra productive and customers leave upset. Anyway, we are regulars and will come back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 20, 2018

We had a very bad experience last night. My wife and I and a business colleague went for dinner at about 6h30pm
We were shown to a corner table ,were served our drinks and given menus
Fifteen minutes into the meal the young manageress asked us to move because another lady "who had been there 15 minutes before wanted the table back.
We asked where the reserved sign was( There wasnt one!) and asked why we were going to be bumped. No explanation just a shrug from the manageress
We decided to move to avoid a scene,we had to carry our own drinks to the new table and one of the menus disappeared. We sat down at a cramped table which looked like it was squeezed in as an afterthought
No apologies,no free coffees,no interest,no thank you.
My Principessa was not bad the Mogul our guest had was soggy despite having minimal yogurt.
The cheesecake wasnt cake but a deconstructed mess that tasted of raw egg. When the guest asked about it she was told "This is how we make it here"
Wow have they fallen far from the early days when you got good service and great pizza.
Goodbye Cal'cacchio wont be seeing you soon

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal. Attentive staff but not overbearing. Service good and meals served nice and hot. Great quality pastas and pizzas. Although quite busy staff gave us just the right amount of attention. Definitely recommend it for lunches and dinners.

Date of visit: February 2018