“Jaw drop ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have to admit now that I’ve eaten many times at Zibaldone over the years but it has occurred to me that I have never written a review on Trip Advisor. I think it now especially poignant with the recent surge in new restaurants opening in the area. I have always thought of Zibaldone as (hands down) the best restaurant, Italian or otherwise, in the northern suburbs. I would even go as far as saying if this establishment was placed in Bree Street or Marble Arch it would give the more established names a run for their money. After having tried most of the new restaurants in the area I can confidently restate my previous synopsis that Zibaldone’s crown (in my books at least) is safe. Whenever I have visitors to the area I direct them straight for this wonderful restaurant. The food is uncannily excellent, with every bite of almost all menu items putting a smile of almost disbelief your face. This diner even found himself humming and doing a small jig in delight. My hats off to the two proprietors, Adriano and Roberto, who you will always see on the floor interacting with patrons and going as far as they can to make your experience just that much better. True, and traditional restauranteurs if there were. A must visit

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Grahamhildyard
Write a reviewReviews (152)

Reviewed August 20, 2019

Pros: Menu with lots of choices and variety
Good wine list, also by the glass
Open for lunch in the week, even when it is quiet
Great views on the water

Cons: Suitably priced (maybe a pro as well)

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank emarieb_13
Reviewed April 26, 2019

Thank you Roberto & Adriano for another great evening at your Restaurant. We are deeply grateful to have you in our area. Your food is every time just so delicious and always freshly prepared. When the food arrived, it was still hot because you obviously prepared it on hot plates. Your service personal is always alert and very friendly. Lastly, you always make us feel home. We know it is hard work to keep up this kind of quality, but keep going. We definitely will be seeing you soon again...
A presto! Ciao

1  Thank FKEU
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Went to dinner with dear friends and had THE most delicious grilled calamari I’v ever had. It was served by the most delightful waiter Kyle. My friends had perfectly cooked tuna steak with a warm Mediterranean-salad and masala chicken. All our meals were perfectly cooked and devoured by us all. The ambience and friendliness of owners Roberto and Adriano made this one of the most memorable meals I’ve enjoyed in Cape Town. If you’d like a really wonderful night out with delicious food I highly recommend this restaurant!!!

1  Thank reneday
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

We took a friend from overseas to Zibaldone tonight!! What an amazing evening! From the friendliness of the owners, the fantastic service of the waiter Kyle, the ambience, to the delicious food...nothing can be faulted!!! We’ll be back for sure!!!