“Authentic delicious Italian food!!”
Review of Zibaldone

Zibaldone
Ranked #3 of 106 Restaurants in Bellville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Went to dinner with dear friends and had THE most delicious grilled calamari I’v ever had. It was served by the most delightful waiter Kyle. My friends had perfectly cooked tuna steak with a warm Mediterranean-salad and masala chicken. All our meals were perfectly cooked and devoured by us all. The ambience and friendliness of owners Roberto and Adriano made this one of the most memorable meals I’ve enjoyed in Cape Town. If you’d like a really wonderful night out with delicious food I highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank reneday

Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

We took a friend from overseas to Zibaldone tonight!! What an amazing evening! From the friendliness of the owners, the fantastic service of the waiter Kyle, the ambience, to the delicious food...nothing can be faulted!!! We’ll be back for sure!!!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 4, 2019

This was a pure "luck of the draw" visit as it was the first place on Waze that we could physically see. The service started slow, but improved during the night. The food was very good, but not great. Although the starter focaccia was delicious. I think they are slightly expensive for what they offer, but it is still a nice place to visit. Especially in the evening.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank PierreDorf
Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Wanted a simple pasta meal and this proved just right. A good selection on the menu, great service from Clint. Really enjoyed the evening.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank 920PaulM
Reviewed January 7, 2019

I had never visited this establishment before, despite the fact that I have lived in Durbanville for a very long time and had only heard good reports. When friends suggested that we have a meal there, I looked forward to the experience. It has been going for years and this is always a good sign.

The decor is surprisingly simple and I personally found the ambience to be slightly lacking.
Be that as it may, the welcome was professional and the service was good throughout. My meal (a seafood pasta that arrived in foil to retain the flavour/juices) was very good. However, it was the reaction of the other five members of the party that forced me to award Zibaldone an extra star : they all raved about their food.
We took our own wine and paid corkage. I cannot remember how much it was.
All in all, a very pleasant evening was had by all.

Date of visit: December 2018