“Fun dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2019

This was a pure "luck of the draw" visit as it was the first place on Waze that we could physically see. The service started slow, but improved during the night. The food was very good, but not great. Although the starter focaccia was delicious. I think they are slightly expensive for what they offer, but it is still a nice place to visit. Especially in the evening.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank PierreDorf

Reviewed February 10, 2019 via mobile

Wanted a simple pasta meal and this proved just right. A good selection on the menu, great service from Clint. Really enjoyed the evening.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank 920PaulM
Reviewed January 7, 2019

I had never visited this establishment before, despite the fact that I have lived in Durbanville for a very long time and had only heard good reports. When friends suggested that we have a meal there, I looked forward to the experience. It has been going for years and this is always a good sign.

The decor is surprisingly simple and I personally found the ambience to be slightly lacking.
Be that as it may, the welcome was professional and the service was good throughout. My meal (a seafood pasta that arrived in foil to retain the flavour/juices) was very good. However, it was the reaction of the other five members of the party that forced me to award Zibaldone an extra star : they all raved about their food.
We took our own wine and paid corkage. I cannot remember how much it was.
All in all, a very pleasant evening was had by all.

1  Thank georgestof
Reviewed December 28, 2018 via mobile

Excellent Italian food with a nice ambience overlooking the water. Our waiter was also very informative and helpful.

1  Thank Kylemaij
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

Zibaldone is always amazing. We always have a good time, food is excellent, restaurant has a great atmosphere with friendly and helpful staff. Family owned restaurant, always feels at home hete

1  Thank AnnelineM12