“A little slice of heaven.”
Review of 1987 Eatery

1987 Eatery
Ranked #37 of 106 Restaurants in Bellville
Description: NESTLED IN the HERTEX BELLVILLE SHOWROOM, THIS SOPHISTICATED JOINT IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO SIT BACK, RELAX AND TUCK INTO OUR HEARTY BREAKFAST OR LUNCH OPTIONS, FRESHLY BAKED SWEET TREATS AND, TOP-NOTCH COFFEE, OF COURSE.
Reviewed January 17, 2018

I found this amazing place hidden away off the main road in Durbanville.
Inside a fabric and soft furnishing showroom nestles an awesome eatery of surprising sophistication. It's like finding fifty bucks down the back of your sofa when you are expecting small change. Don't know how anyone knows it is here, but they must do as it had a nice buzz going with a nice crowd of clearly happy customers. It's a light meal kind of place, and the meal I had was excellent, a bacon rosti stack. They have great coffee. Very friendly but not over the top staff and a wonderful chef, Eva, who speaks to every table and makes you feel so welcome. If you find yourself in this neck of the woods and feeling peckish, you will be very pleasantly surprised. This team clearly has some culinary depth and I think great things are going to happen here. There are also some visually impressive looking cakes going on there and the baked cheese cake I had for dessert was the best I have ever had and I have had many. The only downside, they don't do dinner and it's BYO on the booze or I would be camping here several nights a week. Did I mention that they have the best genuine ciabatta which they bake themselves daily. I am talking the real deal here, not some flaccid factory loaf. I would flesh out the light and healthy menu with some meat and fish offerings for the man beasts amongst us. It's also almost ludicrously inexpensive compared to Cape Town. Just go, before everyone finds out. You won't be sorry. Ask for Eva. She will style you up.

Date of visit: January 2018