“The best, of the best, of the best!!”
Review of Die Herehuis

Die Herehuis
Johannesburg, South Africa
“The best, of the best, of the best!!”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

One week later and my only regret is not to be at Die Herehuis. What a wonderful place to stay!! Thank you Wiempie and Annatjie for creating such a tranquil oasis in the Karoo. Your warmth and friendliness made our stay extra special. No detail is overlooked and the accommodation and meals were beyond superb. Without doubt this is the only place we will stay on our future travels to Cape Town.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Collette6121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cape town
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Owner and staff were very welcoming , friendly and attentive. Genuinely awesome place for the cost. The room is mod and was very clean, comfy with fresh bedding. All the little touches make a big difference. Great comfortable bed too. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Book in advance
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Clinton K
Bloemfontein
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Die Herehuis was recommended to me by accident after another establishment double booked. . . The hosts are extremely accommodating and went out of their way to make sure my wife and I were comfortable. The breakfast was served by the owner herself on the stoep. The rooms are comfortable with a fridge and a microwave oven. You really feel you are living with "family".

• Stayed September 2012
8 Thank Dupreezg
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I and our son stayed there for one night on our way from Durban to Cape Town. We did not pre book and because the rooms at the back was full, was offered the two rooms in the manor house where we had to share a bathroom. Rooms are superbly furnished with very fine linen. Breakfast was great. Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed June 2013
7 Thank wviviers
Knysna
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We overnighted in Beaufort West, having not pre-booked accommodation and without access to internet to check venues out. A visit to the Tourist Info Centre led us to Die Herehuis, chosen because it was off the main (noisy) street through town and it was reasonably priced.

We found a gem, very clean and nicely presented, choice of duvet or blankets, room opened out into a well-kept private garden. The room had all amenities and was a definite value for money. Breakfast was good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Jill M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I actually stayed at the owners other property when I was in Beaufort West for a Music conference. I have no idea why my host had some of his guest to leave the other B&B and come here for breakfast. I was so made...the breakfast here was so nice but I had already eaten earlier. But I have to say that the premises is very lovely, and the owner is so kind. I was really surprised when she gave me a Texas hug...but she was apologizing for some issues I had at their other location. I hope to stay here the next time in town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank HoustonTraveler1
Bryanston, South Africa
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way down to Franschhoek from Johannesburg. The service was very friendly and we had a good breakfast the morning. The rooms are nice, clean and has all things you need like DSTV and a refrigerator. The Hostess also has a lot of tips for travelers on almost any destination.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple