Situated in a quiter part of Cape Town yet only 5 mins by taxi (£3) from the V & A Waterfront, we stayed here for two nights as part of our honeymoon in June 2010. Prior to arrival I had some reservations (no pun!) in that the rooms as shown on the website seemed very small and somewhat quirkily decorated. It transpired that nothing could in fact be further from the truth.
Although check in time was shown as 4pm, we arrived at 12 noon yet this wasnt a problem. We were met by Bernadette who is quite lovely. She spent 15 minutes explaining the hotel and Cape Town in general. She the took us to our room and spent a further 5 minutes showing us around it. She also took it upon herself to reconfirm our private tour that had been arranged for the next day and clarify timings etc. This was personal service on a grand scale indeed!
Our room was simply perfect. It was large, well equiped and beautifully decorated. Our balcony, which included a hot tub, gave a views over Cape Town and the sea; the sunsets were amazing!
The attention to detail was incredible, including some wonderful flower petal arrangements in the bathroom (see photos). We were served breakfast on our terrace the next morning and what a breakfast it was! This was indeed a very special place, with friendly and efficient staff, where you were made to feel very spoilt and your every need was catered for.
We were genuinely sorry to leave the O on Kloof and will no doubt return someday. This was a stunning experience; If you are in Cape Town, book elsewhere at your peril! Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa offers a sophisticated city sanctuary presiding over Cape Town's cosmopolitan Atlantic Seaboard catering for Cape Town's most selective travellers. A luxury hotel with a fusion of contemporary architecture and urban chic, guests find a quiet sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of Cape Town where they can relax in comfort. The hotel's 8 stylish and innovative rooms impress with their attention to detail, blend of robust colours, fine fabrics and slick furniture. The exclusive and cool vibe of this boutique hotel is complemented by easy access to the wonderful beaches and other attractions in and around Cape Town, including Sea Point, Table Mountain and Clifton Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel o On Kloof Boutique
- O On Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa Bantry Bay, Cape Town