Stayed at Ellerman House in past years. This Feb trip was utterly spectacular. The fundamentals of the house - peerless situation and views, major major art collection, glamorous rooms - haven't changed but new additions are awesome. Visionary new gallery in the grounds, wonderful replantings of African plants in the gardens and water lilies around the house. It is beautiful. Best are the staff and the atmosphere they create - the place feels younger, livelier, more energetic than before. This hotel is obviously world-class, but mostly because it runs as the most elegant house party, relaxed but I guess with huge amounts of work to get it so. Tiny things - free laundry when other places want to charge you for wifi - underpin it. In contrast, two other places we stayed in on this trip can't come near it. One and Only big, glitzy, urban and anonymous (could be anywherre). Cellars Hohenhort (also Relais), slightly tired, beautiful gardens but feels slow and a bit sad, like an English seaside hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ellerman House commands spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean. Professional and charming staff plus a remarkable art & wine collection leave guests breathless. Consisting of 9 bedrooms and 2 suites in the House, and the neighboring contemporary Villa and Spa, the property embodies the best in South African hospitality in true Relais & Chateaux style. Ellerman House is the place to stay in Africa’s fair Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and World Independent Hotel Promotion so you can book your Ellerman House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellerman House Hotel Bantry Bay
- Ellerman Hotel Cape Town
- Ellerman House Bantry Bay, Cape Town