From the time my daughter and I checked in we felt as though we were staying at the home of a friend. The room was lovely and views were stunning. The pantry was open for refreshments, our laundry was taken care of, sun tan lotion was provided and nothing appeared on the bill as 'extras'.
The food was exceptional, as was the service. I loved the wine waiter and the way he spoke of the hotel as 'we'. 'We' send the staff to Stellenbosch to taste the wines, for example. He so obviously felt part of a family and not an employee. The training of the staff was world class, as was the art collection.
I would never stay anywhere else in Cape Town now: I just wish that I had discovered Ellerman House earlier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ellerman House commands spectacular views over the Atlantic Ocean. Professional and charming staff plus a remarkable art & wine collection leave guests breathless. Consisting of 9 bedrooms and 2 suites in the House, and the neighboring contemporary Villa and Spa, the property embodies the best in South African hospitality in true Relais & Chateaux style. Ellerman House is the place to stay in Africa’s fair Cape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ellerman House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ellerman House Hotel Bantry Bay
- Ellerman Hotel Cape Town
- Ellerman House Bantry Bay, Cape Town