Our family of five have just returned from our holiday in South Africa for the Easter Break and we all had a wonderful time especially as it reminded us of Australia. We found Cape Town was an easy town to drive around and good base to experience most of the the tourist attraction in and around the Cape districts. Through 'Southern Distinations' we stayed 4 nights at Bantry Bay Luxury Suite in Cape town, on the 3rd level and had views of the Atlantic Ocean. The Hotel itself was nice and clean, it was an older building with a bit of character supplemented with a fairly recent refurbishment to give it a more modern look. It had all the facitlities we were looking for: small kitchenette, seperate lounge, bedroom and ensuite. No laundry / washing machine though very affordable laundry / dry cleaning service. I found the rooms in good condition but felt the shower cubical could have been better, the sliding doors didn't really work, the titles were extremely slippery and rather dangerous - particuylarly for little or older people. The light switches were an endless source of confusion / entertainment depending how you look at it. Room service was good though with five of us ranging from 2yrs up, it would have been nice to have the bath room floor mopped at least daily. At the reception desk we found the staff accommodating and I can not say enough about Kristi who was definately multi skilled. We arrived at midnight to discover that our room was not ready for us and she was the one to make up the beds and put up the cot, she was there the next morning to answer all our questions, she was there at the bar to make us coffee and banana smothies, on the internet to get us maps for the wine region or the exchange rate, ringing around to find out what was opened etc so someone give her a pay rise! As for the other staff in the hotel I found them rather friendly and very warm towards my children. My two year old fell over in the sercure car park and they just rushed over and cleaned him up and gave him a buscuit. Breakfast was provided in a very light and fresh feeling dining room and consisted of a hot and cold selection that seemed to suite the hotel very well. No soya on offer though. There is a pool but it was not heated hence it was far too cold to dip your toes in.
Overall the stay was pleasant not sure about the rating. Comfortable, yes; but not Luxurious hence I would rate it a good 3 low 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel - Experience Style & Sophistication Located in wind-free Bantry Bay and a stone’s throw from the popular Sea Point Promenade, The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel offers more than just a luxury boutique hotel experience. With breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, set against a backdrop of the magnificent Lion’s Head, it is located in the most perfect location for guests to explore and enjoy all that Cape Town has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bantry Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bantry Bay Luxury Hotel Bantry Bay
- Bantry Bay Suite Hotel Cape Town