“lower average”

Bantry Bay Suite Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Bantry Bay
“lower average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

We asked for a room with ocean view. Standing on the balcony we could guess where the ocean is. We asked for another room and the staff told us they are fully booked. Next morning we "enjoyed" breakfast alone. Breakfast is nothing special. Can be loud at night depending on your room. Won't go there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Marcii6999
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Marcii6999,

I would like to thank you for your review. It is important that everyone's experiences are reflected, but I am sorry that your experience was not better at Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.
Our guest experience is of great importance to us and we ensure as far as we can that all guest requests are met. I would like to assure you that we are indeed an extremely busy little hotel at the moment. Many of our rooms are occupied on a room only basis and some days we have groups that have early breakfasts and depart for the day. That would probably be the reason for being alone at breakfast. An example would be that this morning we have 55 guests in the hotel but only 16 opted to have breakfast.
I would hate for you to think that your needs were not important to us. We always assist where we can to ensure that our valued guests have a memorable experience and I guarantee you that if we had a suite with a better view available we would have met your request.
Should you opt to give us another opportunity in future please feel free to contact me directly and we will try our utmost to give you the best view available.

Happy travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Wiesbaden, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks, and it was a delightful experience. I was doubtful from the pictures, but booked the stay on miles accrued- as one of the more affordable hotels. The hotel staff was delightful, extremely helpful and kind. Especially Allster deserves mentioning. The hotel restaurant/food facilities are very basic, but many other options exist - the hotel next door serves great food, and mr Delivery takes care of the rest. Also a SuperSpar about 500m? from the hotel makes it easy to prepare food yourself. We had a kitchenette that met most needs for basic cooking/re-heating. Walking distance to Queens beach. Ran the lovely seafront each morning. Waterfront shopping centre really close too. We never had to ask for anything twice. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We had a lovely see view (higher level) and a kitchenette that made the stay even better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank KinGermany
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Dear KinGermany,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely review of the Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel in Cape Town. I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Our staff truly makes a marked difference to the fact that they really care about our valued guests.

Some of the surrounding restaurants are really fantastic but we are excited because later this year we will be launching our new restaurant and will introduce full dinner service accordingly, accompanied by the most exquisite art depicting beautiful views of Cape Town and the surrounds.

I hope that next time that you find yourself in Cape Town you will do us the honour to stay at Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.

Remember that our motto is, 'With us, you are not a number!' And we really mean that.

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

We visited in August as part of our honeymoon and we loved this place. Although it could do with updating it was still very comfortable and the rooms are huge. The best part about the place is the staff but in particular Alastair. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He makes you feel very welcome and goes that extra mile. An example of this is we wanted somewhere to eat on the first night and he not only found a Superb place but also booked the taxi and printed off menus. Once we got there the manager came over and said we had free starters as he had phoned ahead and told them to look after us!! We will definitely come back to Cape Town at some point and when we do we'll definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Try and get a sea view as not all rooms have a clear view. The higher the room number the better.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Franco365,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.

I am pleased that our team could assist in a pleasurable experience in Cape Town. In our little beach hotel our guests wellbeing is of most importance to us. I am glad that you experienced this service from Allister, who is a most valued team member of our little hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our corner of Cape Town and assure you there is a lot more to see.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Love this Hotel and the staff that work there make it even better!After a long drive and late arrival the hotel room was so much more than I expected. The staff here are so nice and will help you with everything and anything! Allister, the front desk manager is such an awsome guy and so helpful, he made my trip in Cape Town and if it was not for him I would never have gotten out to do my shark dive! Hotel location is hands down amazing. Super safe and one of the best areas in cape town, close to everything. I would totally stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling with people or on there own.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear PickyPrincessC,

What a lovely review of the Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel and her staff. Thank you!

Our amazing staff truly is what sets us apart. We have a special team, many of whom have been here for years and I can honestly say that to make our guests happy, makes us happy.

I am pleased that you enjoyed Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel's location in Cape Town. We are very central to all the attractions and make the perfect base to explore the Cape Peninsula and surrounds.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our special corner in Cape Town.

Happy Travels!
Nice, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Lovely suites with most amenities. Comfortable and clean. Kitchenette is adequate. Second and third floor give good views of the sea and the area is extremely conveniently placed for travelling to and from the city as well as to Camps Bay and beyond. Internet dis-connects too quickly. They have Skype included in their website…the access pops up whenever you want to Skype.. If you are not aware of this then you pay for Skype …to the Hotel!!! My only discontent. I lost all my Skype credit through this system. Not good for anyone to piggy back on Skype…which definitely is not what Skype is all about.
To reserve..do it on the internet as the price is quoted in $US… If you pay in SAR the rate is very much higher.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd floor Sea facing. Preferably 3rd floor
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Loolew
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Loolew,

thank you for taking the time to write your review on Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our suites and views. We appreciate your pointing out the Skype issue in relation to the WiFi. I will certainly ask our technical team to resolve this. I hope that we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to our corner of Cape Town.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

An absolutely wonderful place to stay, reasonable rates, spacious rooms and lounge area with kitchenette. The staff are very accommodating and friendly. The rooms are cleaned spotless everyday. I've stayed there twice, once on business and once a working holiday. As a Muslim there is a nice halaal place around the corner as well.

Location of the hotel is slap bang in the middle and allows easy access to CTICC, Table Mountain, Camps Bay, etc.

You will find me staying here whenever I'm in Cape Town, would choose this hotel over westin.

These are not downfalls, rather some observations :

1) free 150mb wifi is a bit slack, guests should be allowed free wifi with a strict user policy.

2) the shower drainage needs to be fixed. (blockages experienced on both stays)

3) more dstv channels required. Especially some kids channels.

4) breakfast needs to be more interesting. It's good but I think they can make it great.

Can't wait to come back for another stay at the Three Cities Bantry Bay Luxury Suites.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Waseem Raza E,

Your review of the Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel is greatly appreciated. It is really special that you found us to be your 'home away from home' in Cape Town. This is what we strive for and why our motto is, 'With us, you are not a number!'
Thank you for your observations, we really appreciate them and will ensure that it gets attention.

We can't wait to welcome you back.

Waldorf, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

The hotel room was average the shower doors wouldn’t close properly and water would leak out on the floor. The hotel staff confirmed breakfast was included with my reservation but later that night I was told it wasn’t and I was expected to pay for their error. It is a great location to table mountain and the beach.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Mckinabry,

Thank you for sharing your review of Three Cities Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed our proximity to Table Mountain and the wonderful beaches that Cape Town offers.
We should not have gone back on our confirmation regarding your breakfast charge and I sincerely offer my apologies. I will ensure that we address this to ensure that this matter does not occur again. We have highlighted the few problem bathrooms as priority focus and as a result we are doing a makeover to eliminate these issues within the next 3 months. This makeover also includes a portion of our rooms where we feel we need to add more luxurious touches. The rooms are of a large size but we have commissioned new curtains and soft furnishings to lend a more luxurious and updated feel to tie in with our wonderful location in Cape Town.
I hope that you return to Cape Town in future and I would kindly ask that you get in touch with us should that be the case.

Happy Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry Bay
President Hotel
President Hotel
#5 of 6 in Bantry Bay
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#67 of 106 in Cape Town Central
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,073 reviews
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel
Radisson Blu Le Vendome Hotel
#56 of 106 in Cape Town Central

Been to Bantry Bay Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!