“Nice hotel let down by wifi”

Bantry Bay Suite Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Bantry Bay
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's a fairly good hotel - big rooms, friendly staff. Pity the wifi is expensive and doesn't work. Usually stay at the neighboring Ambassador, which is better value for money, has an awesome restaurant and free fast wifi.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Royboy1980
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Royboy1980,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on your stay with us.
Our staff is known for their friendliness, hence our motto, 'With us, you are not a number'.
Please be assured we are addressing the WiFi i parts of the hotel where reception is weak, as well as the cost thereof. From 1 March we will no longer be charging at all!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have just returned from a holiday in Cape Town and started our holiday with a three night stay at Bantry Bay, I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel, we were greeted with a welcome drink and had a fantastic view from our room, the staff were all very courteous and polite and if you want to catch the Red Tourist Bus you can do so from the corner. Thanks to all the staff for making our stay a pleasant one !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Angie C
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Angie C,

thank you for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure to assist you in having a great holiday.
Our guests happiness is what makes us happy at The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel.

Eben Lassen

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip to Cape Town. The welcome was very good and the staff were friendly throughout and very helpful. I liked the room, good size and view and most things worked and in the right place. The hotel had the basic items for business covered, good internet, good bed, space to work in the room, working bath room, good laundry service and a quick breakfast so you could get on the road. It just lacked a small fitness room to keep in shape but a quick run a long the seafront is very easy from this hotel.

The only negative point during my stay was that the door key system stopped working for about 3 days and took a while to get back up again. You had to be taken to your room with the porter who would let you in with a master key! But even this did not spoil the stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear SforSani ,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
I am very pleased that you found your stay to be a good one and that we met your business needs.
I am happy to report that the key issue was finally resolved and that we are currently considering a fitness room. But you are indeed correct that the promenade is fantastic for a morning or afternoon jog!

Eben Lassen

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are truly huge and very comfortable. They are also very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The location is Ok but make sure you get a sea facing room otherwise you get a lot of road noise. I would have given a 5 rating but the machine that codes the keys was not working so we had to go to reception every time we wanted to get back into our room. Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: Sea facing room recommended
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MelindaCambs
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear MelindaCambs,

thank you for your review. I am pleased that you liked the size and cleanliness of our rooms. Our friendly staff is really an attribute to our little hotel.
I am so sorry that you had to experience the keycard issue, but I am happy to report that the machine has been returned and is again in good working order.
We are hard at work to improve the areas that need attention, most recently the refurbishment of the pool area and a room painting project. Please be assured that we will get to every aspect that requires attention.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I loved waking up with the ocean view and watching sky colours at sun set from my bedroom. I could also hear seagulls and sounds of the ocean at night, very nice. It felt like I lived here as grocery shops, laundry and such are walking distance, jogging by the ocean is super cool and some good restaurants are not far, while V&A is about five min by taxi.

What would make this place even better is if they had a gym and a more varied bfast. I also found communication to be more of miscommunication although all staff apart from an odd one were very helpful. Since the day one I never got the laundry paperwork and preferred to do my laundry next door for this reason. I also asked that no turn down service is provided as generally I don't like anyone in my room past the maid service, however every night my curtains were down and light was turned on. I truly do not even understand this service nor who wants it?? Interestingly enough, the hotel sent their internal review and asked if I would like to be contacted about the issues but that has never happened. So what is the point of the question then?

Still, I would say that this is a nice enough place with a good rate.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear sister-karamazov,

thank you for taking the time to write a review on our little hotel.
I am really happy that you enjoyed the views and sunsets as much as we do!
Our location is really convenient and we are looking at the implementation of a gym, but I am pleased that you enjoyed jogging on the lovely promenade.
Thank you for pointing out the issues with the laundry and our communication issues. We will definitely use it as a training tool to ensure that we do better next time.
I am a bit concerned about the fact that you mention you responded to our internal review and did not get a response. I monitor the responses personally and would appreciate it if you could email me your details so that i can assure it is feeding through correctly.
My email address is gm@thebantrybay.com

Again, thank yoiu for your feedback.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived very late, got a friendly face and someone to help us to our room. We booked a sea view room, and got what we booked. Our room was stunning, our bedroom upstairs. Loved the bed and pillows!!! Better than home!! Kitchen had all we needed, parking was safe and secure and friendly faces all the time. Situated very good, close to a lot of tourist places. But best of all, the beach!!! And a beautiful view of Table Mountain from our back balcony!! Will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene-Anne V
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

DEar Irene-Anne V,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

I am very pleased that you loved your suite and found our staff helpful and friendly.
We try to live up to our motto: 'With us, you are not a number!'
We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at Bantry bay luxury suites several times & could never fault anything. The staff were always welcoming & went out of their way to see that I was "at home"! Their Concerge desk is also excellent & I would recommend strangers to Cape Town to follow the recommendations & advice they offer of their city.

Room Tip: Ask for a Penthouse bedroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol Anne M
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Carol M,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel and staff.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself and look forwatrd to your next stay!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bantry Bay
The Hyde All-Suite Hotel
#23 of 110 in Cape Town Central
Lagoon Beach Hotel & Spa
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Sea Point
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape To...
#69 of 110 in Cape Town Central

Been to Bantry Bay Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!