Bantry Bay Suite Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Compass House Boutique Hotel(Bantry Bay)(Great Value!)
$492
$450
Agoda.com
President Hotel(Bantry Bay)(Great Value!)
$123
$116
Travelocity
  • Pool
52 De Wet(Bantry Bay)(Great Value!)
$209
$190
$635
$583
Agoda.com
O on Kloof Boutique Hotel & Spa(Bantry Bay)(Great Value!)
$138
$127
Agoda.com
New Kings Hotel(Cape Town Central)(Great Value!)
$69
$152
$119
  • Pool
The Amalfi Atlantic Hotel(Cape Town Central)
$49
$45
Sea Point Inn(Cape Town)
$43
Travelocity
Mojo Hotel(Cape Town)(Great Value!)
$109
$49
Agoda.com
All reviewscape townsmall kitchenetteself cateringstunning seacutlery crockeryper daytwo floorssea pointbath and separate showerbusy roadwalking distancetourist busthe penthousesecure parkingrooms are spaciousred bushop on hop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The rooms in this hotel are truly huge and very comfortable. They are also very clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The location is Ok but make sure you get a sea facing room otherwise you get a lot of road noise. I would have given a 5 rating but the machine that codes the keys was not working so we had to go to reception every time we wanted to get back into our room. Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: Sea facing room recommended
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MelindaCambs
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear MelindaCambs,

thank you for your review. I am pleased that you liked the size and cleanliness of our rooms. Our friendly staff is really an attribute to our little hotel.
I am so sorry that you had to experience the keycard issue, but I am happy to report that the machine has been returned and is again in good working order.
We are hard at work to improve the areas that need attention, most recently the refurbishment of the pool area and a room painting project. Please be assured that we will get to every aspect that requires attention.

Happy Travels!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I loved waking up with the ocean view and watching sky colours at sun set from my bedroom. I could also hear seagulls and sounds of the ocean at night, very nice. It felt like I lived here as grocery shops, laundry and such are walking distance, jogging by the ocean is super cool and some good restaurants are not far, while V&A is about five min by taxi.

What would make this place even better is if they had a gym and a more varied bfast. I also found communication to be more of miscommunication although all staff apart from an odd one were very helpful. Since the day one I never got the laundry paperwork and preferred to do my laundry next door for this reason. I also asked that no turn down service is provided as generally I don't like anyone in my room past the maid service, however every night my curtains were down and light was turned on. I truly do not even understand this service nor who wants it?? Interestingly enough, the hotel sent their internal review and asked if I would like to be contacted about the issues but that has never happened. So what is the point of the question then?

Still, I would say that this is a nice enough place with a good rate.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear sister-karamazov,

thank you for taking the time to write a review on our little hotel.
I am really happy that you enjoyed the views and sunsets as much as we do!
Our location is really convenient and we are looking at the implementation of a gym, but I am pleased that you enjoyed jogging on the lovely promenade.
Thank you for pointing out the issues with the laundry and our communication issues. We will definitely use it as a training tool to ensure that we do better next time.
I am a bit concerned about the fact that you mention you responded to our internal review and did not get a response. I monitor the responses personally and would appreciate it if you could email me your details so that i can assure it is feeding through correctly.
My email address is gm@thebantrybay.com

Again, thank yoiu for your feedback.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Arrived very late, got a friendly face and someone to help us to our room. We booked a sea view room, and got what we booked. Our room was stunning, our bedroom upstairs. Loved the bed and pillows!!! Better than home!! Kitchen had all we needed, parking was safe and secure and friendly faces all the time. Situated very good, close to a lot of tourist places. But best of all, the beach!!! And a beautiful view of Table Mountain from our back balcony!! Will definitely go back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene-Anne V
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

DEar Irene-Anne V,

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

I am very pleased that you loved your suite and found our staff helpful and friendly.
We try to live up to our motto: 'With us, you are not a number!'
We look forward to welcoming you back in future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at Bantry bay luxury suites several times & could never fault anything. The staff were always welcoming & went out of their way to see that I was "at home"! Their Concerge desk is also excellent & I would recommend strangers to Cape Town to follow the recommendations & advice they offer of their city.

Room Tip: Ask for a Penthouse bedroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Carol Anne M
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Carol M,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel and staff.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed yourself and look forwatrd to your next stay!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is definitely not a luxury venue. Some of the rooms are small and dark with no view at all, and cannot be described as suites. We had to upgrade to get a larger room with a sea view, which although much nicer still does not fulfill the expectation of a "luxury suite". The small kitchenette in the room is a nice feature and we used it quite a lot for drinks and snacks. The beds are large and comfortable. The bathroom is basic with really bad lighting. The decor is very simple and a bit tired.

The breakfast is average, but the breakfast room needs an urgent upgrade - water stained walls, dirty table linen, faded pictures etc. The pool area is pleasant enough but very small. There is wifi available for a fee which is a rip off. There is secure parking but also for a fee, which really should be included in the rate given the lack of safe parking in the immediate vicinity.

On the positive side: the venue in general is very clean, the staff are super friendly and helpful, and the location is central and ideally suited for magnificent sunset walks on the promenade.

Overall this venue is nice enough, but don't be misled by the description of "luxury suites".

Room Tip: Request a full sea facing room (as opposed to partial sea view), as high up as possible.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Eben L, General Manager at Bantry Bay Suite Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear RosG101 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We always value feedback as it allows us the oppurtunity to better our offering and service acording to our guests needs.
I am very pleased that you noticed the cleanliness and the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff of our little hotel. Our kitchenettes are really a nice feature and I agree that the location is really great.

Thank you for pointing out or shortcomings in the restaurant venue. The leak that we have had has been very problematic and sadly the weather has just never held up long enough for us to address the external issue that has been causing the leaks. I would like to assure you that we are currently working on the problem to resolve it permanently.
We have also embarked on a few projects to improve our decor and standards by giving it a fresher look and the restaurant is also on the list. Our Maintenance Manager, Achmat, is working on a repainting project of all suites and a project to improve the lighting in the rooms and bathrooms too and it should be complete in the next few days.

I hope that the next time you stay with us you will notice the improvements.

Eben Lassen