We got a great deal on hotels.com, for the penthouse suite for 5 nights, Inc breakfast. Check in staff friendly and efficient, we were able to check in just after 11am so really pleased! Penthouse suite was amazing!! Fantastic views to front of the ocean, and a small patio area at back with view of lions head! It's split on 2 levels, on entry level is bathroom, lounge, and kitchen. Top floor is another bathroom and the bedroom! Bed is huge and very comfy. Tv in bedroom and another in lounge! DVD player in lounge too. Kitchen has 4 hot plates and microwave, no oven. Wifi is at a charge but we thought it was quite reasonable at 295 rand for 5 days and no data limit! Breakfast was good too, nice selection of cereals, fruit, pastries, fresh juices, toast, and full English with eggs cooked fresh. There is a laundry place across the street that does 5kg wash & dry same day service for only 45 rand! There is a Woolworths food hall and a Spar 2 minute walk away. A BP petrol station next to the laundry for those who have cars! (the hotel does ave parking for a charge). The city sightseeing bus stop is also on same corner as hotel very convenient! Overall we loved the hotel and the staff, very handy liction having the shops and laundry so close by! Hotel has a small pool and sun lounger area. You can walk to the beach in 2 minutes, however there is not much beach to speak of mainly rocks. We found there to be a few homeless people around, asking for change etc, and I don't know if it is just this time of year but it was not busy at all with tourists and we felt uncomfortable walking down to the beach. There is no nightlife to speak of here but that suited us. It depends what you want really - neighbouring Camps Bay is much nicer - you do still get homeless people but it's much busier with tourists and has a lovely beach - BUT you do pay for that obviously!! We just wanted to hole up somewhere, watch tv, read etc with a nice view and the Bantry Bay does that well for a good price. We didn't feel threatened walking to shops just to ocean... So just bear this info in mind when booking - do you want the tourist hustle and bustle and pay for that, or do you want a view for cheap? If your not really gonna use the beach then don't bother paying to stay in camps bay as the view from this hotel is just as spectacular! Would recommend this hotel overall ad the staff worked really hard, were professional and friendly, the hotel was clean and comfortable and was a bargain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel - Experience Style & Sophistication Located in wind-free Bantry Bay and a stone’s throw from the popular Sea Point Promenade, The Bantry Bay Suite Hotel offers more than just a luxury boutique hotel experience. With breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean, set against a backdrop of the magnificent Lion’s Head, it is located in the most perfect location for guests to explore and enjoy all that Cape Town has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Bantry Bay Suite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bantry Bay Luxury Hotel Bantry Bay
- Bantry Bay Suite Hotel Cape Town