“For Us - Only Clarendon Bantry Bay!”

The Clarendon Bantry Bay
Ranked #1 of 7 Bantry Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I took our honeymoon by The Claredon Bantry Bay in Cape Town. I could not say enough about this place.
Starting from the warmest welcome, greeted by Noel, which continued everyday we were there, and which made us feel as if we are his only guests. Continued by luxurious gorgeous room, faces the water and most amazing view.
Everyone of the staff was beyond friendly. It was as if we were at home. I have never seen anything like this.
The chefs (Oh, and the food!), service, staff, location, everything is top top top!

There is no chance we will ever stay anyplace else when in Cape Town.

Room Tip: Don't go anyplace else. This is where you want to be!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 768KS

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I went to the Clarendon Bantry Bay for our honeymoon.
It was among the most beautiful, tranquil and incredible places we have stayed.
the service was beyond this world! especially the one employee named Noel.
nothing was ever to much and they made us feel like we were the only guests.
not to mention the view is ridiculous! and the decor as well!

GO THERE!

Room Tip: choose a room above the pool level
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thenewlywedsrs
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Clarendon bantry bay was my first stop on my African trip and I could not have picked a better place. The view when you walk into the lobby is breathtaking every time you walk through the door! I had the lucky opportunity to watch whales while Noel (amazing, helpful staff member) got us checked into our room (while drinking our complimentary drinks and cashews : ) )The room was beautifully decorated! The pool is a great size and the chairs surrounding are comfortable and inviting! Fresh towels always folded and sitting on the chairs! Breakfast in the morning is included and served in the main lobby overlooking the ocean! Breakfast selection was great! (try the pancakes YUM) The hotel is only 5 minutes from the waterfront. Cabs were approximately 60 rand to get there. Just a list of some things Noel and abby helped us with (without them I don't know what the owner would do):
-set up all of our cabs for dinner trips or adventures (mountin nicking on table mountain)
-set up our tours .. Including pick up (tour of cape town and peninsula)
- made our dinner reservations (including a taxi waiting)
- rented us a car ( the last day we toured cape town via car rental... Great price approx 650 rand after all cost) Abby had arranged the company to drop off the car and I believe Noel gave the keys back to the company for us and arranged for pick up while we were on our way to the airport
-drinks and a warm welcome anytime returning to the hotel : )
I used eyes of Africa for booking my trip (this is one of there preferred hotels and now I know why)

The staff is so warm, welcoming, helpful that it makes it that much better!!

Room Tip: I had the pool level room. It is elevated so you still have an ocean view for sure (I was worried be...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle0918
Reviewed February 23, 2013

For some reason the GPS directed me through the heart of Cape Town to get to Kloof Rd and The Clarendon. Normally, not too much of a problem, but, when three lanes filter into one and the road works are abandoned, the blood boils. However, entering the hotel lobby and viewing the magnificent vista from the lounge/dinning area was a sheer delight and the temperature gauge quickly returned to normal.
The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are very well appointed and exceptionally comfortable. We had a private terrace, but, sitting around the pool was also very enjoyable and highly relaxing.
Breakfast on the verandah each morning was delightful, even when CT a little overcast. The hotel is close to Camps Bay for the night life and to The Waterfront for the more mundane night scene.

Room Tip: Take a room with a view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This is a genuine 5 star boutique hotel in the suburbs of Cape Town. Excellent service - extensive and healthy buffet and hot breakfast - delightful pool. Staff all very friendly and helpful - with special mention of Noel, Emmy, Adele and David. Rooms well presented. View from eating area stupendous over the ocean.
We had a great 8 days here in early February. Will certainly come back

Room Tip: We were in room 12 on top floor with a side ocean view
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fonzpac
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Trying to find last minute accomodation in the Cape in February is mission impossible, so getting the last two rooms at The Clarendon made me slightly nervous if it would be ok.

First test was arriving three hours before check in time to drop our bags. By mistake we first went to the sister hotel but staff soon directed us up the road. By the time we gott one mile up road to correct building our rooms were ready and staff waiting at door to welcome us like returning welcome guests.

Rooms are sumptuous, we had a private terrace. Little touches like good quality toiletries and towels and sheets make a big difference. Even had spare adaptors readily available. Views are great but it is the staff that really make this place as good as it is. Breakfast on the main balcony in morning sunshine finished a great stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Katherine K
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed at The Clarendon Bantry Bay for a couple of days and loved it. It has the most wonderful views. The staff are welcoming and helpful. Great English breakfast served just the way you like it. The room was large and comfortable and the bedding fantastic. Had a great night's sleep and woke up to look over the ocean. A huge bathroom with all the amenties and lovely, soft towels. All-in-all I highly recommend The Clarendon.

Room Tip: Worth paying the extra for a seaview!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
#2 of 6 in Bantry Bay
Bantry Bay Suite Hotel
Bantry Bay Suite Hotel
#6 of 6 in Bantry Bay

Been to The Clarendon Bantry Bay? Share your experiences!