“Delightful”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Delightful”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I love formal gardens and walled kitchen gardens so I was delighted to visit Baylonstoren and see this beautifully set out organic garden nestled among the vineyards. Fascinated with the espaliered fruit trees and would love to try it out myself in my small kitchen garden. Would definitely like to come and spend more time here - two hours was not enough. Had a lovely lunch at the tea room next to the green house. Lovely to see some old fashioned veggies being grown.

Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
Phoenix, Arizona
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Babylonstoren is wonderful.”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is an amazing organic farm and vineyard. The garden tour is a must along with the cellar tour. The tour is educational but opens your mind to what you can do with true organics at any level. Beautiful gardens and great hosts. One of our best days in wine country.

Visited October 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Magnificent gardens in the Winelands - great place to visit for families”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We visited Babylonstoren as we had heard so much about it. On arrival at the gate you are asked for an entrance fee which you wonder why as this is not usual for Wine Estates. Only once you get to see what they offer you realise that there is no Wine Estate that has such amazing gardens. The gardens are an added bonus to a visit to a Wine Estates. The gardens are all well manicured and one finds different Orchards with different fruit. We visited the gardens in Winter and said we must go back to see them again in Summer.

There are daily tours offered of the gardens. If you are an keen gardener this is a MUST. There is a quaint little tea garden in a Greenhouse on the premises where you can enjoy fresh lemonade and freshly baked scones. On the property is also a very well know restaurant however you need to book well in advance for this. We also took a peep at the accommodation on offer. The rooms look magnificent.
As it is a Wine Estate, wine tastings can also be enjoyed here.
A real must see if looking to visit Wine Estates in the area.

Visited August 2013
Cape Town South Africa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“An inner sanctuary spa within a glorious garden”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Visiting the Spa at Babylonstoren yesterday was a sheer delight and a treat to the senses. Set within the magnificent gardens of the estate, this Spa has achieved the stride of excellence where so many others only hope to follow in. My therapist, Sarika was professional, warm and engaging. The deluxe massage was one of the best massages I have ever had, and believe me when I say I have had a few...hundred in my time. The design, decor and ambiance all intertwine in creating a very memorable experience, and leave you coming back for more.

Visited July 2013
Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Garden of delight.”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having recently seen beautiful photographs of this wine farm in an interior decorating magazine, I was determined to see it for myself. My husband and son were somewhat reluctant to accompany me, but boy, were they blown away by the absolute beauty, attention to detail and the sheer scope of this wonderful farm. We tasted some delicious wines here and bought some to take home. We stocked up on pears-in -shiraz, cheese and charcuterie in the farm shop. We drank tea at the Glass house and spent a wonderful time walking through a myriad of "garden-rooms" to delight both gardener and non-gardener. There is an olive and citrus orchard, lotus ponds, a prickly pear maze and a river walk. The indigenous fragrant garden was a delight! This is a definite must-do if you find yourself in the Franschoek area. It is my heart's desire to eat at their restaurant one day...

Visited June 2013