“Not a bad choice at sun city”
Review of Cabanas, Sun City

Cabanas, Sun City
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sun City
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Cabanas is not exceptional but not that bad as well. Didn't stay at the other hotels at sun city, so couldn't compare, but I believe its a good starter. Plenty of facility available but I enjoyed the valley of waves most, and if u stay with the hotel u get a free entrance to the valley of waves, so don't miss it.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for sending a review on your recent stay at Cabanas. We are glad to hear how you enjoyed your stay and the overall activities we have on our resort.

We hope you will take time again and visit us to enjoy more.

There are newer reviews for Cabanas, Sun City

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had a fabulous stay here
went with my partner and was amazed. At the time of my visit room was beautifully appointed, heard not a peep from the people around me. The level of service was amazing and the selection of food at breakfast was divine. Obviously the furthest from the main "attractions" but the walk was fine.
We used the tours offered on site to go to the Lion Park and a sunset safari an experience I will remember for the rest of my life

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank megwench
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay with us. We are glad that you took good memories with you and enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you soon bringing more friends and family to enjoy our resort

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I called central reservations to Make a res they gave me another no to call. It took me 3 days of trying to get through.On the 3rd day after 10 minutes of ringing Sharon answered the call.She was extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with.I told her how long the phone rang however she said on her side it rang once.this maybe a technical issue you need to look into. It's my honeymoon I was making bookings for.Sharon asked me for Payment I did not have my credit card so I said I'd do an Eft. I did not have time to do it so I called the hotel to give my CC details as a guarantee OMG to my shock some guy answered the call I thought I reached someone's home line. I asked 3 times is this the Cabanas.I eventually heard it was Joseph. I told him I want to guarantee my booking he said he couldn't do it I must call after 8 the next day.He was quiet rude saying he cold only see reservations for the current day not for future dates. What a load of crap. I asked if I wanted to confirm my booking what would he do.He put me on hold and when he returned he miraculously was able to confirm a future booking. I wanted to cancel the booking because I was afraid of what will happen on arrival my honeymoon however my better half wants to stay here. Management I am appealing to you please ensure my stay will be pleasant unlike my experience thus far. This is a special day for us so please don't allow it to be ruined. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Beverley_Nathan
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for this review on your experience in making sure your booking is guaranteed. We apologise that it was not easy to do so and all before you even come and stay with us.

Please will you email me your details as we want your honeymoon to be the best. My email address is ntebi.mathope@suninternational.com.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We checked in at the Cabanas on the morning of the 20th of dec, 2013. We were checked in to a room and we were totally shocked to discover the room in complete shambles...the bed was not made....the toilet was dirty. We immediately informed the reception and they promised to send someone. But they took a long time to come and after repeated complaints, we were shifted to another room. The rooms were desperately in need of renovation. The sofas were stained and dirty. The curtains were dirty and unwashed. The bathroom was stained and definitely needed a renovation. We are frequent travellers and every decent hotel we've stayed in offers atleast a complimentary bottle of mineral water every day. But not in Cabanas. Dinner buffet was offered in the evening but the names of the dishes were not mentioned. As a result , we had to keep on asking the waiters and they seemed confused, too. The food offered definitely did not measure up at all as compared to the cost. The lawns were not kept clean...there were burning cigerettes in the grass on the lawn. I definitely would not recommend this hotel to my friends !

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are a bit quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nilakshi S
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you very much for sending us your feedback on your recent stay with us. We apologise for not meeting your expectations. We will address all areas mentioned.

We continuously strive to make all our guests happy. We hope that this will not stop you from visiting us again.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was a quick 3 day visit with my two 10 year old daughters,the room was spotlessly clean,air con worked well and staff were courteous and attentive throughout.I have been an international traveller for many years so my standards are high!I am surprised by some of the other reviews,we were delighted with our experience and would definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alithea2014
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear guest

We are so happy to receive a review from you about your recent stay. We are glad that you enjoyed Cabanas and found it to be your best destination.

Thank you very much for this and we will keep on working hard to make all our guests happy

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have been going to Sun City for a number of years and the experience has always been great except for the last couple of months. We stayed at the Cabanas the weekend and boy - I will never ever stay over at Sun City Again. We had family from Europe and they are visiting South Africa for the first time, we thought we would proudly show off our "Sun City" unfortunately it was disappointing.
We waited extremely long to check in.
The family standard room is small and we were not supplied with bedding for our 7 year old daughter, wee needed to call reception.
Our safe was out of batteries (that could be overlooked)
Our floor was so sticky that it wanted to make me vomit
Our bathroom was horrible, shocking shocking maintenance (I actually took photos but wont post)
Prices are ridiculous and we still have to pay R250 per person for dinner?!?
Our German family member who cant speak English was treated so rudely by the bar staff-he was very embarrassed
Service took min 30min while we were at the bar
Fish Monger - Service shocking, lack of skills, no plates or knives and forks on tables and after waiting over an hour our food came cold. After speaking to Manager he told us he told the kitchen to not serve cold food. How did that help us????? We still paid full for our food.
Valley of the Waves - Horrible service and the pool deck bar - disgusting treatment! After waiting 30min my fiancé asked the one woman if she can please help, she answered horribly No!
OH yes and at the beach bar you pay anywhere from R45-R55 for a small cocktail. Is it normal to pour 2 glasses from 1 tot of alcohol and pay double the price??We questioned the lady to why she was doing this, she said all cocktails only have a 1/2 a tot -BULL. You ripping your bread and butter off!

I am so angry. I do not remember growing up to a this Sun City...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Megan Jennifer M
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear guest

Thank you very much for giving us feedback on your stay with us at Cabanas. We would like to apologise for the inconvenience and promise you that these are not our standards.

The feedback you gave us is helping us improve on our daily running of the hotel. These issues will be addressed to ensure that they do not happen again.

We will also send this report to other places mentioned in order for the outlets to address these issues.

Apologies once again to you and your guests.

Ntebi

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Checked in 2nd Jan 14, took room 2229& 2230, still here till 8th, the service here is horrible , rooms r not cleaned , linen not changed till I complained, food horrible! Staff has a tendency to speak in Tswana thinking that u don't understand , staff has to be trained in customer service, it doesn't matter how many times u complain no 1 will apologise even managers like Obakeng & Jack. Feel like am at a 1*, chose to ignore previous negative reviews till I experienced it my self. Will not advise any friend to come to cabanas ,,,,,

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Boni M

Dear Madam

Thank you for this feedback on your holiday. I am glad to say that all was sorted out after we met.

I really apologise for this and can confirm that these are not our standards at Cabanas.

Ntebi

Safari Lodge Hotel & Convention Centre
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
#1 of 3 in Pilanesberg National Park

Been to Cabanas, Sun City? Share your experiences!