“Unforgettable memories we had and my mum,thumbs up I LOVE SUN CITY!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Cabanas, Sun City

Cabanas, Sun City
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sun City
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I went to Durban in 2006 with my mum,went to Cape Town in 2009 then Sun City in 2011 and I was like WOooOOOOoooOooOooooOOW!!! I had a very great week at the Cabanas Hotel with my mum and I wished we could stay for another week. Sun City is the best for me,I realy wish we could go there every year.. Everything was perfect...! #Sabelo#

• Stayed: December 2011
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Good morning Mr Nxumalo

Thank you very much for giving us feeedback on your stay. I am pleased that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us at Sun City overall.

We hope you will visit us again to come and experience the thrills that we provide .

There are newer reviews for Cabanas, Sun City

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have recently stayed at Sun City Cabannas and it was horrible. The rooms are small and the staff not very helpful. The lady at the restaurant is the worst. I cannot believe that this is the standard of a “popular” destination as I was informed by the staff. I asked for an iron board but had to check out without receiving any joy from the staff

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Johan F

Good day Mr Johan F

Thank you very much for the feedback. It is with your help that we grow as a company and inprove on our standards and sevice.

I am very sorry to her about your stay and apologise for the inconvenience. I hope that this will not stop you from visisting Sun City again

Cabanas

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed in April for 2 nights, the family room we had was very small and cramped but as we only used it for sleeping it was bearable. We did not eat dinner here as there is so much choice elsewhere. Breakfast was ok with alot of choice. Be prepared for noise it is a busy hotel and if you book a lake facing family room on the 1st floor you will not be able to see the lake from your room, you have to leave your room and look over the balcony on the walkway outside

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joeybum
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Good day Joeybum

Thank you very much for giving us feedback on your stay with us at Cabanas. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience around Sun City itself.

Your feedback in valuable to us in that as we continue to grow as a company we will use it to ensure a different experience when you visit us again.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Due to being part of a 40th birthday party group we were 'without choice' booked into cabanas! What a disaster this hotel is old, run down and in dyer need of a refurbishment. We had to move room three times due to problem doors, showers and cleanliness, out first two days were exhausting (packing and unpacking). The noise from unruly guests and loud inconsiderate cleaning staff make it impossible to rest in your room. I had to leave my room one morning at 8am to ask the three cleaners parked at the end of the corridor, slouched over their trolleys eating and enjoying loud conversation,to please keep the volume down as it was weekend and still early. The crew that came back at lunch time continuously opened and banged closed a supply store door, the noise echoed through our if not all rooms. I would never have chosen to stay here personally but now we have been forced to I am just horrified at how badly this hotel is presented and managed. Lastly the breakfast buffet ... Avoid it.

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank Ellehi
Ntebi M, Manager at Cabanas, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Good day Mr/s Ellehi

Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience at our hotel. We have looked and ivestigated the issues raised and must say that we are very sorry to hear all the issues you have raised, the cleaners making noise, the crew making noise and the breakfast not being to your satisfaction.

We strive to make all our guests happy and see that your expectations were not met. Once again our sincere apologies and hope that you will visit us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff at the check in counter cares two hoots about you.
Breakfast is horrible --an elaborate spread but infested with flies and honey bees.Staff has the least hospitable attitude.
Rooms are just average.
The advantage is the water sports area. Also the hotel has a good green area with an adjoining lake.
Stay here if you are interested in water sports. If you are looking for quality do not stay here

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank avrr
Reviewed August 20, 2012

An average weekend nothing to write home about, service at reception poor. The toilet an shower was dirty. The breakfast buffet and supper buffet was good with a good choise of foot which will cater for all persons

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ManieK_12

Good day Mr/s Manie K

Thank you very much for the feedback we received from you about your stay at Sun City Cabanas. I want to apologise for the service you received at our reception and the cleanliness of the bathroom.

I must say that your feedback has helped us and that we have addressed the issues concerned.

I hope that you will visit us again so that we can give you a different experience.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Cabanas are nothing special, but decent family accomodation in an area with not many reasonable places. The food is VERY expensive, but so is everything at Sun City. The rooms are clean and the service is good. Great place for kids and families.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Safari Lodge Hotel & Convention Centre
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge
#1 of 3 in Pilanesberg National Park

Been to Cabanas, Sun City? Share your experiences!