“Nothing Great”
Review of Cascades, Sun City

Cascades, Sun City
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Sun City
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed over for 2 nights mid Oct. Hotel was having some renovation works. The coffeehouse serves breakfast only. The room furnishings were rather old. Nothing very memorable about the stay or Sun City itself. Okay for short stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Patrick S, Manager at Cascades, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear calaislily

Thanks for the feedback provided – much appreciated.
We have noted the comment regarding the renovation that was taking place during your stay.
We are happy to advise that the lobby’s renovation is complete, open and working
Once again, thank you so much for the feedback and time taken to send to us.

Most Regards,

Patrick Serakwane, Hotel Manager, The Cascades Hotel.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I spent the last 2 days of our SA Vacation at Sun City staying at The Cascades Hotel. We very not at all happy with the quality of accommodation. The room was small and felt dark with the choice of interiors and the carpet. There was repair work going on hence the hotel had just a reception and no lobby at all. WiFi was complementary but the signal never reached into the room. The only good part about the property was its location in the center of the complex to visit the Casino, Entertainment Complex or the Wave Pool. The service at the reception was not upto the mark and felt rude at times and also the concierge had just one person and people had to wait their turn sometimes for long.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JeetFuria

Dear JeetFuria
Thank you for the feedback provided – much appreciated.
We have noted the comment regarding the insufficient lighting in the room, the renovation that was taking place during your stay and the concern around staff members.
It is through our guests’ feedback to be aware how we deliver to what we promised. As for the room and staff comment, please note that we have taken these comments seriously and addressed accordingly.
We are happy to advise that the lobby’s renovation is complete and working.
Once again, thank you so much for the feedback and time taken to send to us.
Most Regards,
Patrick Serakwane, Hotel Manager, The Cascades Hotel.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

The problem with this place is the expectation , due to the hype surrounding Sun city . Was utterly disappointed , Casino was absolutely nothing to talk about other than the 100's of slot machines and a few table games completely in favor of the casino. The staff are not that courteous and the room cleanliness and house keeping is just an eye wash. Hope they can get this property back to its old standards .

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank DEVz18
Patrick S, Manager at Cascades, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear DEVZ18
Thank you so much for the feedback provided – much appreciated!
We have noted the comment on fewer tables and slots machines in the casino floors. Please note that we have taken note of this seriously and recorded for future developments. As for staff not courteous and comments on room standards, please note that it is not how we operate and it has been addressed accordingly.
Once again, thank you so much for your time and efforts in providing us with feedback.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

On 6th sep 2013 we checked in at cascades hotel (sun city). My room no. Was 516.
On 7th sep 2013 I was playing game at entertainment centre, to put tokens into machine, I keep my bag pack down for a moment and someone steal my bag within a moment from their.

My bag was containing whole of our cash of 6 people total amounting to 50000 zar+/- in different denomination.

Some of my expensive clothes and gucci accessories amounting to around 10000 zar +/- was also in the bag.

As soon as I realise that my bag wasn't there I contact to security people. They found in the CCTV cameras that someone was picking my bag but they didn't show that video clip to me.
I doubt that security of suncity is involved in this case as they misguided me for around 4 hours.
First they told me that the guy who steal bag is in suncity and they are searching for him, then they told me they have found him and he is on sky train and they have send guards to exit point, then I got an information that guy has already make a exit from suncity.
Then I decided to complain in police, my case no. is "61/09/2013".
Surveillance people were not even ready to listen when I told them to show me the video clip. I went there as a tourist and your people misbehave with me regarding this case.
infact the security at the casino said that this is quite frequently occurring in south Africa with tourist.
they cant help us
they made fun of me, insulted me and din help me.
I left cash less
full of shame
I hate south Africa and its nationalist and its police etc etc
I am under debt now
I lost nearly 10000 US dollars

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank shubhamgarg

Greetings from the Cascades,

Thank you for the feedback provided - much appreciated!
It is noted that the alleged incident referred to on the feedback was reported to our complex Security Department and under control. Please note that relevant feedback and findings will be provided accordingly.

Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

A very nice spot that was relatively well priced. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and my room was clean and comfortable. Probably the best situated hotel to the entertainment center in the Sun City complex, and an easy walk to Waterworld, Sun City Hotel and the Cabanas.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back, as they have balconies.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Greetings from the Cascades Hotel
Thank you so much for taking time and efforts to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. It is well appreciated and happy to hear that staff are friendly.

Once again, Thank you so much.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked a luxury room. The size/quality of which was very average. The hotel staff was not so polite- both at front desk and dining. Had to request several times for even basic amenities like water. Also they served stale fruits for breakfast both the days we were there. Absolute no-go for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Anki_151
Patrick S, Manager at Cascades, Sun City, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you so much for the feedback received – it is much appreciated. We have noted the comment on staff not polite (both front desk and dining) and stale fruits at breakfast room. We have also noted that the same comment for staff not polite was also posted for Raj Restaurant on the same day. Please provide us with more information so we can holistically address the issue.
Once again, thank you so much for the feedback, your time and efforts.
Most regards,
Patrick Serakwane, Hotel Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Booked 2 rooms and stayed for 4 nights before moving to the Palace. The hotel was undergoing some renovations, so expect a little disturbance. Try to get a room on the 7th floor and above, as the view towards the pool would be nicer and less noise from the construction below as well.

Service from the staffs were average as we got mixed attitudes from all of them. But one thing I'm very sure about, that they don't like to repeat themselves if we're not sure about anything. Certainly something that I find it quite unpleasant for tourists. And for some reason, the hotel simply has too many staffs, especially at the front desk. Some of them look as if they don't want to be there.

Other than that, everything else was fine. Room was good enough, though during winter there wasn't any heater. Breakfast was nice, but I wonder why there wasn't any salad or some sort of greens? The food variety catered mostly to Westerners, so we Asians found them to be quite heavy at times.

Outdoor pool during winter was completely unusable. Imagine dipping into a bucket of ice water. With that being said, an area of the pool near the slide was slightly better, but not by much.

The hotel is located right beside the entertainment centre, which we liked a lot.

In general, if you're here on a short vacation trip to Sun City, and don't mind spending that little extra cash, stay at the Palace. It's nothing like the rest of the other similar looking accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wiliam S

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you so much for the feedback received – it is much appreciated. We have noted the comment around renovations. We would like to confirm that indeed we are renovating the bar, reception lobby, hotel entrance and lounge - the project started from the 18 June 2013 and planned to complete by the 31 Oct 2013.
As for the non-availability of salads and some sort of greens on the breakfast buffet, we have noted the comment and kept for future consideration.
Once again, thank you so much for the feedback, your time and efforts.
Most regards,

Safari Lodge Hotel & Convention Centre
The Royal Marang Hotel
The Royal Marang Hotel
#1 of 12 in Rustenburg

Been to Cascades, Sun City? Share your experiences!