“Check Your Bill!”
Review of Squire's Grill - CLOSED

Squire's Grill
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Squires Grill is the ultimate Sun City steak house. This restaurant specialises in mouth-watering steaks and seafood, cooked to perfection. It is fully licensed and opens daily for lunch and dinner.
Boksburg, South Africa
“Check Your Bill!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We are taken to a two seater table and the hostess tells us that she will just get someone to clean the bigger table then we can move across, two minutes later she brings along another couple and tells them to sit at the table she promised us, and it's not even cleaned yet, so my husband asked her what's going on and her response "oh I forgot" So they clean the table and we move over, but there's still fatty marks on the table and the menu has food on it as you open it!
We ordered snails, I would not recommend it to anyone! The saving grace was their steaks, absolutely divine, that I would recommend!
BUT CHECK YOUR BILL!! Alfred that had next to no personality brings the bill after we had to go looking for him, we add more than the usual 10% tip to the total, we don't usually check the bill, but when I checked it they have already added 10% to the bill, so he has just swiped our card for more than 20% tip!! That is dishonest, I checked there was nowhere they informed us this is how they operate, I told him that he is stealing from us and his response was that "no that tip is for the other people in the shop", I have NEVER heard such nonsense! I demanded our money back for the second tip, I should have actually demanded the 10% he added to the slip as well because of his thieving ways. Will not go back, not even for the divine steaks.

• Visited June 2014

Bloemfontein
“Try the schwarma, or the chicken mayo sandwich...”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

... if you're in a hurry to get back to the casino, or want to take food away to eat on the pool deck or terrace. Great value for money, and the spicy hot chicken schwarma and chips was excellent in quality.

Visited May 2014
Herisau, Ausser-Rhoden, Switzerland
“great steaks”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

the probably best steak one can find at Sun/Lost City complexe. Big and very well braaied filet steaks

Visited February 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Ate there every night”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Top class food. Loved the calamari, chicken livers and steaks. We ate there every night of our stay in Sun City.

Visited May 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Would someone please explain why tips are compulsory?”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

By very definition, a tip is something you give to someone who has gone above and beyond the call of duty. So I fail to see why I should pay for service that is or isnt bad, I have the right to chose!? The logic behind this is ridiculous, it wud be like going in to a resturant ordering a meal and at the end see the bill has the following charges: VAT-14%, lights and water -20%, gratuity-10%, using toilet-35%.... etc. this is simply a hidden charge to inflate the already overpriced meals (R80 for a burger, and the same prices you would pay at the grillhouse for a steak). the worst part is how the waiters 'conveniently' forget to mention they are being tipped so you tip them twice!! Such bad practices have ensured I will NEVER return and be sure to spread word of this Enron of a restaurant amoung all my friends and colleagues

• Visited January 2014