“Good food,setting and service”
Review of Bocado

Bocado
Ranked #18 of 42 Restaurants in Sun City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The stunning Santorini restaurant specialises in Mediterranean and Greek cuisine – a true culinary delight! Situated at the pool deck of the Cascades Hotel, it is open everyday for lunch and dinner and seats 250 diners. Due to its popularity, bookings are essential.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

We ate lunch at Santorini with our two young children and we found the food and service to be excellent. Our waiter was very accommodating of our need to move tables so that our kids could play in the beach sand. He also prioritised the children's food and drink orders so they were happy and we could relax once they were fed and went off to play.

There are newer reviews for Bocado

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly suprised by this restaurant. Had a selection of Mezze and realy good taste experience. Bit expensive but so is everything at sun city. Atmosphere is very meditaranean.

1  Thank EATOUTSUNDAY
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We went to Santorini for dinner last night. We had fish cakes and deep fried calamari starter which were both excellent. I had Trinchada served with your fresh veg mix and mash. My husband ordered Rib eye steak and when it came he didn't think it was a rib-eye as it didn't have the normal marbling but after discussing it with the manager and he also showed how different the steaks can look he was happy to eat it but the manager insisted on cooking him another one that had more of the marbling effect and he so enjoyed it and said it was the best steak he has ever eaten! Can only say thank you to Graham for the time he took to demonstrate the different steaks and making his customers happy. Will definitely return.

1  Thank Mirinda K
Reviewed May 28, 2014

An Italian-sounding name normally means you avoid the other than Mediterranean offerings, but I ordered a steak regardless. Superb! I wonder if it was not perhaps the most succulent, flavourful piece of 200g (lady's) rump I have ever had. And the basic salad that preceded that was a fitting introduction to the main course. At night, it's pretty. Like much else at Sun City, it's also affordable. Hope others are as pleasantly surprised as we were.

1  Thank HunterBloemfontein
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We were scheduled to have lunch in Sun Terrace. Fortunately, they were closed for the day so our tour operator quickly changed it to Santorini and did the food ordering for us. I'm very glad they did!

Our previous meals (in the Orchid and Calabash) were very frustrating. This restaurant, however, proved that Sun City had at least one other restaurant (this and the breakfast buffet in the Crystal Court, The Palace) worth eating in.

We enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. Hot food was served hot, cold food was served cold. The servers were very efficient and courteous. The restaurant, painted white had accents of blue, gave off a very relaxing feel. It was clean and spacious.

The food was served family style, so we just get whatever we want to eat. For appetizers, we had the Bread and Chef's Choice of Dips, Hoiratiki (village style Greek Salad), Grilled Halloumi Cheese, Keftedes (Greek Meatballs), Spanakopita (Spinach Pie). I enjoyed our starters so much that I didn't leave space for our main course! They were all that good. For our main course, we had Paidakia (lamb cutlets), Roast chicken, and Line Fish Mignons served with steamed vegetables, rice and potatoes. According to my family, they were all good. For dessert, we had a fruit platter and baklava. I really enjoyed the baklava as they have a very interesting twist to it. You can really enjoy the crispness of the nuts and phyllo, and it wasn't throat achingly sweet.

I really enjoyed the lunch here. Will definitely eat here if I'm back in Sun City.