We stopped at the Kedar Lodge to see the Paul Kruger museum located on the premises. On the internet it says open every day with no specific time slots for tours. As we arrived the lady at the front desk informed us there will not be no tour on that day. As we are from Cape Town and passing by we were very disappointed. We asked if we can see the manager and we told him that on the internet he advertises tours every day. He was very accommodating and organised a tour guide to take us to the Paul Kruger house and museum. We paid R35pp for the tour. Very interesting and we enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Centre & Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife. With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Heroes bar allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg