We stayed in Kedar a few nights and it was a great base to visit Pilanersburg National Park (20min drive) and avoiding Sun City resort with its expesive hotels and less sustainable tourism concept.
The rooms are littly cozy huts with many amenities and a spotless bathroom. The most remarkable feature was the outdoor facilities: garden, pool, bars and spa.
Food at the pub was good but not exceptional. Breakfast was plentiful and service kind, especially the girls at reception that can also help you organize tours in the area.
The spa has reasonable fares and I treated myself to a massage in the back, which is highly recommendable.
Don't miss the walkway over several ponds and the bush. It is a nice, quite walk perfect for birdwatching and the pigmy hippos come as a plus. It was an enjoyable exercise after the static safaris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Centre & Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife. With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Heroes bar allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa