My wife and I decided to spend a few days away from the City. We had been to Kedar hotel situated near Sun City previously and had always enjoyed the tranquility and excellent accommodation. However, on this last occasion we were really taken back by the improvements to the hotel and the shear luxury one was exposed to. The accommodation we had taken was the royal suite and in our experience one could not have asked for more luxurious accommodation, The suite included a bedroom on suite ,a fully stocked bar , a dinning room ,lounge and a swimming pool,Both lounge and bedroom had the latest TV with dish.We were warmly greeted by the manager and provided with platters of snacks and fruit and a bottle of champagne in our suite, The surrounds were spectacular and contained many items of interest and had two themes one of Paul Kruger and the other of Cecil John Rhodes. Highly interesting relics of that era were displayed in the bar and dinning room. The staff were exceptionally friendly and provided excellent service,Food served in both the bar and the dinning room was of exceptional quality. Game could be sited from most vantage points and a four wheel drive provided guests with highly interesting game drives, Paul Kruger's farm residence which was on the site had been converted into a museum which contained many items of interest. Whether one was visiting the hotel for relaxation, conferencing or whatever the facilities were all excellent, although we did not make use of a fully equipped Spa on site we understood from other guests that this facility was great.The hotel contained all the usual facilities such as a large swimming pool conveniently situated A highly recommended and not to be missed venue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 5km away from the Royal Bafokeng Stadium, one of the stadiums that hosted the 2010 Soccer World Cup, Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Centre & Spa offers 60 elegantly finished rooms, 3 Executive Rooms, 1 Royal Suite and 1 Presidential Suite. 7 conference rooms, an open air Boma with a stage and a Chapel for an elegant bushveld wedding. Some 20 years ago, Recreation Africa purchased a portion of Boekenhoutfontein, the historic farm of President Paul Kruger. Over the years, adjoining land has been acquired, culminating in the consolidation of an area of some 700 acres, which has been game fenced and populated with a wide variety of game, including eland, blesbok, impala, bushbuck, nyala, kudu, zebra, blue wildebeest and giraffe. Invaluable environmental work has been done to remove alien vegetation and restore the wetlands which attract prolific birdlife. With a Spa in an idyllic setting, jutting out over a natural wetland lake teaming with fish and birdlife, it is sure to enhance the spiritual and physical relaxation you expect from a Spa in the country. The Heroes bar allows guests to partake of sundowners whilst watching the sunset over the natural bush. Other facilities include a large swimming pool, game drives, Paul Kruger Country House Museum Tour, Team building area, and open air conference areas. All this, just one and a half hour’s drive from Johannesburg and Pretoria, and only 15 minutes from Sun City and the Pilanesberg Game Reserve - home of the “Big Five”. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Kedar Heritage Lodge, Conference Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kedar Country Hotel, Hotel Rustenburg
- Kedar Country Hotel, Conference Center And Spa