“Ivory Tree Lodge.....Once in a Lifetime experience”

Ivory Tree Game Lodge
Winnipeg, Canada
“Ivory Tree Lodge.....Once in a Lifetime experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

October 21-24, 2013 stay. Thank you to all the staff at Ivory Tree Lodge for the best vacation one could ever dream of. Everything was perfect, the staff, the 'hut' , food, entertainment, safaris, I could go on and on. The early morning safaris were unbelievable! Scott our very knowledgeable Ranger drove us to see so much, everything from elephants, lions, leopard, impalas.......... We were even lucky enough to witness a cheetah take down an impala (not even 30 yards from our vehicle...I have video proof of the kill). The sunrises and sunsets were beautiful. There isn't a thing I would change.

The food was excellent, the wine unbelievable, everything perfect! I tell people that this vacation will be hard to surpass if that could ever be possible. If there is one place to stop in for a few days stay, Ivory Tree Lodge is the place. A true gem in the wilds of South Africa

The Farthings
Manitoba, Canada

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues, ask for a room closer to the lodge. We were fine with our five minute...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Darlene5,

good morning and thank you so much for the great review on our property. I shared this with my management team this morning and they were all so happy you experienced the true Ivory Tree promise. I personally shared your comments with Scott and he was so thankful and shared some of the cheetah pictures with us. Thank you again for the great review.

Wynand du Toit, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Vermilion, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had 3 nights at the Lodge and we wished we had much longer. The lodge and its staff were amazing! The game drives were beyond what I had expected. Our guide, Ruan, was extremely knowledgable and took us out early early every morning to beat the rush. We realized how lucky we were to be in our small vehicles when we saw the crowded ones full of people from some other companies. The private lodges were wonderful and the outdoor show was awesome! The small, private atmosphere of the Ivory tree makes it well worth the trip. I hope to visit again, sooner rather than later :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Jamie M,

thank you so much for your review, I shared it with my management team this morning and they were all ecstatic and so happy that you our guest experienced the true Ivory Tree promise. Ruan will be spoiled with a few beers this evening being rewarded as he is truly a ambassador of the property. We are all looking forward hosting you during your next visit,

Cairns, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Ivory Tree Game Lodge for 2 night on the 14 Nov. And from my first arrival the staff were very welcoming and friendly. The rooms are modern spacious and very comfortable and the bath, you could do laps in, it was that big! The game drives in the early morning and afternoon/evening were amazing and the experience was unforgettable, my driver/guide Jacques did a fantastic job in making sure I seen all the animals on my 'list' and although I missed out on seeing the elusive Leopard, Jacques did try his hardest to find one for me, but we were not lucky those days! His professionalism, knowledge and dedication to his clients, to go above and beyond definitely added to our experience at the Ivory Tree. Thank you, to all of your dedicated staff!! The food was also to a high standard and on my hotel inspection the standard of the other rooms and facilities were also impressive. As a travel agent in Australia, I would highly recommend for my guests to stay at the Ivory Tree Game Lodge, for that unique experience. I would like to say thank you again for having me, it was definitely a highlight of my 2 week African trip.
Gisella Joslin
Cairns
Austalia

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gisella182,

thank you so very much for the great review and for recommending us. I gave a copy of your review to Jacques and he is walking around as if he just won the Lotto! Thank you also for putting to word your experience at Ivory Tree Game Lodge.

Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We visited this lodge for four days and loved every one of them. The game drives are spectacular and the animal sightings are constant and satisfying. The guides are knowledgable and our guide, Solly was the best ! We saw lions, leopards, elephants, zebras, giraffes and several other species every time and it was the best vacation ever. Educational and fun.

Room Tip: The little bungalows are nicely appointed and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear sroeauthor,

good morning and friendly Ivory Tree greetings. Thank you so much for the review, I shared your comments with Solly and I am sure that you having met him, will appreciate the huge smile he had on his face. It is a great review for us when our guests rate this as "the best vacation ever" and a huge boost to our team morale.

Peterborough, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was very lucky to stay at the Ivory Tree Game Lodge with my 2 sisters and one brother - in - law. It was a wonderful experience. The accommodations and food were excellent. Our guide, Nico, went above and beyond to find every animal that we wanted to see. He was so pleasant, knowledgeable, and fun to be with. It is easy to see that he loves his job. The rest of the staff were very professional and helpful with all of our requests. I would definitely recommend this lodge and I would have them request to have Nic as a guide.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Heather J
Dear Heather J,

Thank you so much for the great review, it was great to share this with my team during our daily morning meeting and I can assure you of great value to team morale. Nico had the biggest smile on his face when I called him to my office and shared your review with him and can clearly remember you and your family. Thank you so much for going to the effort and writing this review, a great start to our day.

Mirandola, Italy
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Wonderful place. Stayed at KWA the last two times and wanted to stay at a more intimate place. What a breath of fresh air. From the second we arrived, we were treated really well. Everything was great from the private bungalows, food and safaris. So professional and they really took care of us. Ruan was our guide and he was really WONDERFUL. Cannot say enough of this place. I am sure we will be back!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear peepsantiques,

Good morning and thank you so much for the great review. It is great to receive reviews such as yours and share it with my team, this is a great reward for them to be recognized and a huge boost ensuring we deliver on our promise to our guests. I will share this with our head ranger and Ruan and can only again thank you for the great review. We look forward hosting you in the near future.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at Ivory Tree Game Lodge. The staff is very accommodating. Food is excellent. Dinners are served after the evening game drive in the Bomo, outside eating area. Breakfast is served after the morning game drive. Game drives are exciting since you are in the Big 5 natural habitat, and educational. Our driver provided information about the animals and habitat. This was the trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed October 2013
Wynand d, General Manager at Ivory Tree Game Lodge, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Chris C,

good morning and thank you so much for the great review. Rating us as a "Wonderful experience" is a stunning reward and our team is so happy that they delivered on their promise to you that we will ensure the best possible experience.

I have a chef team walking around with the biggest smiles following your review and they deserve it, thank you so much.

Kind regards

#7 of 14 in Pilanesberg National Park
Tambuti Lodge
Tambuti Lodge
#1 of 14 in Pilanesberg National Park

Been to Ivory Tree Game Lodge? Share your experiences!