“Absolute Gem!”
Review of Ashden Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mafikeng
Ashden Lodge
Ranked #1 of 22 Mafikeng B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great small lodge located on the outskirts of the town. Very warm welcome by hosts who show one around, enquire after your needs and settle you in. Great large rooms with very comfortable beds, excellent air-conditioning, large TV, small sitting area and a huge separate bathroom with bathtub and separate shower stall. Great breakfast with fresh baked muffins, fresh fruit with eggs and bacon on order. Secure parking. A great place to overnight for a journey between destinations.

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TravelProCapeTown

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This year my husband and I took our seventh trip to South Africa. Some years ago, because of his interest in the Boer War, we visited Mafikeng and stayed for the first time at Ashden Lodge. It had only just opened but we were immediately struck by the warm reception given to us by the whole team at the Lodge and the first rate accommodation it provided.
We so enjoyed our stay that we have since returned to stay there a number of times as it makes a wonderful stopping off point for us on the way to the Madikwe Game Reserve,
This year we stayed in the new modern wing which had been built since we were last there.
The rooms were of exceptional quality, spacious, spotlessly clean and comfortable with all the facilities required for a pleasant stay.
The breakfasts were up to their usual amazing standard, providing all you could need for the day ahead and a special mention for the home made muffins!
The return visit reinforced my belief that this is one of the best guest houses we have stayed at during our travels in South Africa, you could not get more thoughtful and helpful hosts and staff than those found at Ashden Lodge - It really is a gem of a guest house!.
We have no hesitation in recommending it as a place to stay and we hope, once again, to return there in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank justdavid
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had the good fortune to stay at Ashden Lodge on our first visit to South Africa and have no hesitatation in recommending it to any one travelling in the Mafikeng area. The setting is peaceful, accommodation first rate and breakfasts amazing! Every one at the lodge is cheerful and welcoming and it has the added benefit of being next door to Mafikeng Game Reserve which is well worth a visit.

David, Judie and Mike
New Zealand

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lachenalia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ashden Lodge is a wonderfully run Bed and Breakfast on the border of the Mafikeng Game Reserve. The rooms are beautiful, spacious, luxurious and always kept pristine. The rooms have air conditioners, TV's and are very very comfortable. The hosts have an amazing eye for detail, are extremely thoughtful and welcoming. Jenny and Desia know how to make you feel totally at home and at ease and nothing is too much of an inconvenience for them. I have stayed at Ashden on numerous occasions and have never had a bad experience. The gardens are lush and well kept, the property is peaceful and tranquil. The staff are friendly and polite. I would not want to stay anywhere else when next I am in Mafeking - in fact I am looking forward to going back soon! Totally, 100% recommend this B&B both for business travelers or tourists.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The surroundings at Ashden Lodge (and South Africa as a whole) were quite the opposite to the lush green fields of New Zealand, but I was quickly taken by the tranquility of the location and the warm reception by the team.

From the moment you arrive you feel right at home. Great service, beautiful modern rooms, and superb meals.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Ashden Lodge. It's the people that make all the difference!

And a special mention for Jenny... I had travelled all around Africa and hadn't seem a giraffe. With my trip back to New Zealand the next day, I was gutted that my once in a lifetime trip might not bless me with the one thing I wanted to see! Jenny made this happen for me in the neighbouring reserve... A truly special memory!

Thanks Team Ashden Lodge!

Kirstin, Auckland, New Zealand

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank KiwiKirstin
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

This was the most wonderful B and B I have ever stayed in. Excellent location and the rooms were modern with a touch of class.

I was made to feel at home with every need being met. The breakfasts were amazing with everything on offer.

I will never go to South Africa again without taking time out to stay at Ashden Lodge. Thank you for adding to my wonderful Africa Experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Adonachie
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am just back from my 5th stay at this fantastic guest house - I go to Mafikeng regularly on business. I have in the past stayed at a couple of other guest houses in the surrounding area, but now could not stay anywhere else. From the moment I step through the door we are enveloped by the warmth and friendliness of the house and staff, Jenny and Denbigh are amazing hosts. The house is perfectly situated, extremely clean, safe and secure and the surroundings are beautiful. Most guests seem to come back time and time again and I know why. This will always be my top guest house.

Room Tip: I have stayed in many of the rooms, they were all very good.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business