Peermont Walmont at Mmabatho Palms
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Kranz Hotel(Zeerust)
View Hotel
All reviewsmmabatho palmsreception areawalk aroundplace is beautifulexecutive roomnon smokingcasinovisitorscleanlinesssinuseschefs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 2, 2013

First of all i had to phone in 3 times to get hold of someone in reservations to even make a booking. They kept me on hold for 10 minutes a time. When we arrived the check in service was very quick and efficient. However on our second day we ordered room service at about 3 that afternoon, first of all we couldn't phone directly to room service, we had phone reception to put us through to room service. We ended up having to go to the restaurant manager twice to find out where our food was. We only got our food at about 6 that night (3 hours wait for 3 toasted sandwiches) ridiculous!!
The serving dishes for breakfast were empty. But when it was refilled the food was very good

Then at about 12 that evening they tried to check someone else into our room. We were double
booked.
On top of everything else the atms in the casino were out of service. We had to sign up to be a winner's circle member in order to receive cash. Have you ever heard of a casino with no available atms????
I also had to clean off dishes when i wanted to play at the black jack table. I waited 15 minutes for a drink as well.

I will most definitely not be returning.

On the plus side the place is beautiful, just a pity their service is terrible. This place has a lot of potential.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robyn O
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I slept at Mmabatho Palms on 23 may for business. Upon check in about 2 people who checked in before me returned to say the rooms they have been allocated already have people in them. Was a bit concerned on how they got that wrong luckily my room had no one in it. My room was okay but couldn't help noticing that the carpet was not that clean. For dinner, I was disappointed to see that the buffet was exactly the same as what we ate for lunch earlier on. After dishing up you have to wait for a while before a waiter comes to take the order for drinks and I got my drink after I finished my dinner, the same happened with my lunch. The breakfast was okay. For lunch the following day we had to wait in a long queue to dish up, I thought that was the least I expected from a 4 start hotel. Not all is bad, the staff is friendly and ready to assist.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kgothatso
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The hotel had a revamp as this is a major improvement from my previous stay. The dinner/breakfast, swimming pool and reception areas are fantastic. But the rooms are dated and the bathrooms have not been revamped at all. Electricity wires were open in my room - quite dangerous for children! Had a good comfortable sleep. Not really what you would expect from a four star hotel in South Africa.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelH007
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed for one ngiht as a getaway from Gaborone. The hotel looks like it has been recently modified with an attractive reception and dining room and refurbished bedrooms (although bathrooms remain dated with poor shower temperature control). The rooms have had a make over which has modernised them nicely although the layout of TV and desk is not ideal and they had very soft mattresses. The casino is small but has everything you would expect. Our GroupOn deal made it good value for Dinner, B&B and R100 in the casino all for R1100. Restaurant food was good and well presented and service was good. The buffet breakfast had a lot of options including fresh omlette and pancake stations. The Spa is only open Saturday morning and weekdays which was a shame. Sunday afternoon had live and DJ chill out music by the pool - very relaxing!

Room Tip: All rooms look out to the main pool and garden. Downstairs rooms open out with patio doors right onto the garden. Upstairs have small balconies - but not big enough to sit on.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank StanInLondon
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I needed room service,and they took 7 attempts and the phone was never answered.the same for the food and bev manager,he never answered his phone.later I needed some soap,and that was promised to me ,but it just never arrived.checking out was a big joke,it took 40 minutes,with only 3 other people waiting to be checked out.the buffet was horrible,with most of the serving dishes empty.the food was of a very low standard,although the staff at the buffet were friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business