We got this hotel from the Greenwood Guide. However, we found out when we arrived that it had been bought out by a hotel chain. I think it has lost some of its individuality as a result, but it is still a nice place to stay. The hotel has added some new rooms which are large and very comfortable, but maybe lacking the atmosphere of the original rooms. The restaurant was good but not great. The wine list was disappointingly short. The main building is lovely, with a large veranda, comfy chairs etc. The hotel owners need to make sure they don't destroy the original charm as hey update and refresh things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 38 km from the Kruger Park, Jatinga is within easy driving distance of the scenic Panorama route and several excellent golf courses. Six new rooms opened in September '05, known as the Orchard and Forest rooms. In true Colonial style, tea and fresh scones are served each afternoon with our compliments. Complimentary sparkling wine and canapes served at sundown each day in the privacy of your room, a mere taste of things to come! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Jatinga Country Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jatinga Country Hotel White River
- Jatinga Country Lodge White River, South Africa - Mpumalanga