“World class”

Magnolia
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in White River
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: MAGNOLIA RESTAURANT & CAFE A Breath of Fresh Air on the White River and South African Culinary Scene Situated opposite the Casterbridge Hollow Boutique Hotel, Magnolia Restaurant & Cafe is a breath of fresh air on the White River and South African culinary scene. Inspired by rural French charm, it offers a sophisticated yet relaxed taste of the best the region has to offer. Unique in the diversity its multi-dimensional interior provides, it is simultaneously a romantic, intimate experience with inspirational views over the surrounding landscape; a relaxed outdoor venue set in gorgeously manicured gardens, or an upmarket business venue – perfect for large parties or small, informal get-togethers, vibrant cocktail parties, family gatherings or special occasions. The split-level interior and upstairs veranda create an interior with indoor-outdoor flow, a welcome breeze on hot summer’s days and delightful visual interest. The main restaurant is situated upstairs with a mezzanine level, which, with fantastic natural light, makes it ideally suited to private functions. Magnolia’s indulgent menu, created by leading chefs, is inspired by the use of fresh local ingredients – so whatever is in season makes it onto the menu. Meals are accompanied by a superb selection of South African wines, and rounded off with the most decadent desserts. The unique decor is a treat in itself... rustic, yet elegant – with a European twist. The quirky unexpected accents (most of which were made locally) and attention to detail create a pleasing and layered scene to be peeled away and explored bit by bit.
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Not my first time to this restaurant, and after last week's experience, definitely not my last.

Arriving early and on a random Tuesday evening, we had not thought to make a reservation, but I was happily surprised to see the restaurant bustling with diners already.

Was celebrating my birthday with my husband who mentioned it to the manager casually - next thing I knew we were being treated to bottle of complimentary bubbly!

The food, despite diners at every table, was just superb. This is the place to come for seafood curry complete with all the bells and whistles and chutneys and sambels. My husband's fillet steak was also very tasty and properly prepared. Presentation world class.

PS. Make a reservation!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had supper at Magnolia and it was absolutely superb. Steaks were done to perfection. Beautiful presentation on plate and great service. Pesto mash - the best mash I've ever tasted !! instead of the normal baked potato or chips. Loved it.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We have had some of our best dinners in the lowveld here - great place to bring visitors when they are in from out of town.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My cousin and I spent a relaxed evening at this restaurant sitting outside in a lovely garden surrounded by white roses. We both ordered steaks which were done exactly as we requested. The atmosphere and service were fantastic. Thank you

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My gIrlfriend and I had the pleasure of spendIng a few days in Mpumalanga exploring the sights around the beautiful meanders. Even though our first choice hotel (Casterbridge Hollow) was fully booked, we decided to go have cocktails (and some prawns) at the restaurant the one evening...it was a good enough first impression. We went back for dinner the next evenIng and were not disappointed. The atmosphere and service were worth the 35km drive from our Hazyview hotel. The food was good relative to what is on offer in other restaurants in the area but it does fall short of other similar restaurants in JHB, DBN and CPT. It can only get better with time and I will definitely pop in the next time I'm in the area. I would definitely recommend the place if you are ever in the White River area...