We stayed here for 2 nights before our safari to take in the Panorama route. We arrived early at about 10:30 am, but our room was cleaned and ready for us. A great way to start! The grounds and gardens at Oliver's are absolutely gorgeous! I could have stayed to enjoy them a little longer. Our room #5, was on the first floor with a covered patio and a walk out directly to the pool. If I were to return, I would request one of the rooms on the second floor or #9 on the top to take in the views. The staff were extremely friendly and professional. We ate all of our meals at Oliver's except the day were went up to Blyde River Canyon and can't say enough good things about the quality of their food. Not only great tasting but so reasonable in price as well! I have already recommended it to my friends and would gladly return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the lush forests of the Mpumalanga province, the lodge is situated on the secure White River Country Estate and overlooks the first green of the 18-hole championship White River Golf Course. The area is well known, not only for its superb temperate sub-tropical climate, summer as well as winter, but also for its many scenic and adventurous attractions. The lodge is within close proximity of the world-renowned Kruger National Park as well as the Blyde River Canyon with panoramic drives along the escarpment and lies in a Malaria-free area. The nearby Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport gives easy access to and from any major city local and international. The Restaurant Mouth-watering continental & mediterranean dishes are served from our a-la-carte menu together with only the finest wines from our well-stocked wine cellar. Fun-dining with fondue and raclette may be enjoyed in the privacy and irresistible romantic ambience of our wine cellar. We cater for all functions i.e. weddings, special family occasions, conferences, wine tastings, etc. The Lodge The intimate comfort of our establishment and our beautifully appointed rooms allow our guests to experience the marriage between Austrian flair and subtle African influences. We offer different room categories: - 4 Exclusive Standard Rooms - 1 Exclusive Standard Family Room - 5 Luxury Rooms - 2 Executive Suites - 1 Luxury Family House with 4 bedrooms & 3 bathrooms All rooms have private verandas or balconies with splendid views over the golf course. They are individually furnished with King-sized beds – twin beds may be requested. The bathrooms are all en-suite with separate showers and baths, heated towel-rails and luxury bathroom amenities. Wellness & Beauty Clinic The in-house Wellness and Beauty Clinic is operated by professional health and skincare therapists and offers a variety of massages, face and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Oliver's Restaurant & Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oliver`s Hotel White River
- Oliver's Restaurant & Lodge White River, South Africa - Mpumalanga