This is among the worst hotels in which I have ever stayed anywhere in the world. Though in a beautiful location, with a wonderful overlook of the river and animals, and a very comfortable library area ... this is where it stops!!!!!
The rooms are GHASTLY!!! Not properly cleaned. Room amenities are not replenished daily (when I asked for paper handkerchiefs, a maid went into another room and took them as she did not have any on her cart). Overall is the feeling of cheap and dirty.
Food is terrible. Over or undercooked. Staff is most inefficient and not very friendly or welcoming.
Upon asking for an electrical adapter I was told that the few which were available had been given to other guests (poor practice since all guests come with cameras to the area. ALL rooms should be provisioned with adapters). I was told that I should go to the shop and purchase one. VERY BAD!!!!!!!!
Travelers come to The Kruger Park for the beautiful vistas and the animals. However it would be nice to have a decent hotel which enhances the experience NOT detract from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate - Where the bushveld is your playground, no matter your age! Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate, a superior lodge style hotel on the banks of the Sabie River in Mpumalanga offers an affordable luxury getaway. The ambiance of comfort is unforgettable in the context of the African bush. Enjoy the serenity of being in a tree house that overlooks the bushveld, whilst you watch the wildlife go by. Keep your head in the clouds as the veranda and walkway to your air-conditioned room is at a level normally the sole domain of the variety of birds found in the area. Situated only 100 meters from the Paul Kruger Gate of the Kruger National Park, the luxurious Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate provides guests with the ideal location from which to experience wildlife first-hand. This lodge offers bush drives in a Private Reserve and throughout the Kruger National Park, along with open vehicle safaris and organized game trails for you and your family. Don't forget your binoculars in this birdwatchers paradise. A days adventure is best ended off with a visit to the stunning open air Lapa Restaurant. With an extensive array of local foods to choose from, enjoy a dinner under the African stars. We can even make special arrangements for a Tree house sleep out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Protea Hotel by Marriott Kruger Gate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protea Kruger Gate Hotel Skukuza
- Protea Kruger Gate Skukuza
- Protea Hotel Kruger Gate
- Kruger Gate Hotel
- Protea Hotel By Marriott Kruger Gate South Africa/Skukuza