“More or less a dump”

St Lucia Bibs International Backpackers
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Husband and I spent one night here and that was more than enough. This is the lowest rating I have ever given to an accommodation (or anything else?) on Trip Advisor, so keep in mind I am not one who typically gives bad reviews/ratings. I won't whine about anything at Bibs, as there's really not much to complain about. It was just really pretty dumpy. One of the lamer (lamest?) backpackers we've ever stayed in (and we've backpacked in Peru, Thailand, Swaziland and more, so we have quite a few other places to which we can compare).

On the far end of the "main drag" in St. Lucia, so not even conveniently located either. Service was meh.

I guess we slept okay, but who knows if it was b/c we had a really long day filled w/ activities...

Okay, no more complaining. Just know that I'm certain you can find another backpackers at maybe a slightly higher price that you will find considerably better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brittany_11_10

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Let me just explain the word “typical”:
Everyone that has been backpacking in the modern times know that backpacking is certainly not what it used to be. The standards have gone up, grading is introduced etc… BiB’s has got that old backpacking thing about it… not in a good way, but more of that what your mother’s perception is of backpacking. Cleanliness and tidiness is not what their going for. But party enough and you wouldn’t have a worry in the world.

I’m over this type of backpacking but BiB’s certainly has a market. Their biggest advantage is lack of competition in the area. Unfortunately, in my opinion, BiB’s is falling behind in the current quality upswing of backpacking.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 28, 2012

The place looks a bit rundown but it seems that there is engagement for improvement. It seems like there is no management, but the people who hang around try their best to make guests feel comfortable. The provided a free night-game-drive, and kept the party going. If you want to have it neat and quiet - better avoid that place. If you want to have party and meet a chilled-backpacker-crowd - go for it! the price is nice, rooms ar ok and the pool rocks!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank edefix1976
Reviewed March 6, 2012

We chose BIBS for camping for a couple of nights.
The campground is ok. A straight piece of grass and close to the car.
Unfortunately, the first night, there was a party till 4'o clock in the morning.
Not nice.
Unfortunately, some of our food dissapeared out of the fridge (delicious chicken!).
There isn't also that much room in the kitchen for cooking (4 gas tops).
Apart from that, we had nice, clean, hot water showers.

If you're not up for a party, you shouldn't go here.
I'm sure that if you're in a party mood, you will have a good time!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2011

BiB's is your typical backpacker's, but slightly dingier and with far less friendly staff. Worst of all, our room was infested with bedbugs. I didn't realize until after leaving (we stayed just one night) that I had bites all over my side and back. Having experienced bedbugs before, it was obvious to me what these bites were from. We are now dealing with trying to avoid infestation of our house, and unfortunately our car has already been infested. What a pain.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I actually stayed at Bibs in Feb 2010 so they may have fixed up the place by then. No wonder this place was not on the Baz Bus travelers handbook it is a dump. They showed me three different rooms before I decided on one...that was the one that smelled better than the others. Torn sheets, broken locks, A/C that competed with the bar crowd noise till way after 0300. Pool dirty but cute, kitchen...don't ask, front desk staff some rude some nice, The Owners don't care and are not there so the folks that work there have to take the heat for the condition of the place. The bar was fun, and the people I met were amazing. All you have to do is totally ignore the accommodation and you're good to go!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The swimming pool and pool table were a hit with our kids. We camped, so hard to rate the rooms and sleep quality. The bathrooms and kitchen were fine, but could have been cleaner. The staff looked like it had been pared down for the season. The ones left were friendly. We would stay again, but beware if you camp - the monkeys can undo tent zippers!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family