AmaZulu Lodge
$198
$193
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsthe main streetafrican stylerestaurants and shopsnice ladybreakfast buffetcape vidalnice poolopen planisimangaliso wetland parkcomfortable bedshort stayair conditioningcomfortable stayfresh fruitswimming poolexcellent stayreception
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The room was big and nice but smelled very strongly of chemicals (against bugs?). The bathroom was integrated in the room with no door, not so nice. The securitybox was broken so we could´nt lock our valubles in. The remote control for the TV was broke to and the the TV was placed very high so you had to stand on a chair to put it on. It had just four channels. Unfourtunately it rained all our stay, that´s why we wanted to watch TV. The wi fi didnt work in our room. The signal was to weak, so we had to take our computer to the receptionarea.
Teh breakfast personal was very slow and the breakfast seving times were always delayed with half an hour.
The reception personal were very nice and serviceminded.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is localized high, especially when it rains!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed Three nights as part of a 5 day trip to Cape Vidal and St Lucia.
Awsome Manager - Diane extremely helpfull and professional as for the staff, friendly and very helpful. Good breakfast. value for money. The rooms were spotless and in my opinion struck a good balance between African ambience and modern comfort,
The swimming pool is huge, the beauty salon was an experience and they even organize boat and turtle trips.

Room Tip: Room two for u is just great. Fantastic garden
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night here as part of a 2 day trip to Hluhluwe game reserve and St Lucia. The rooms were spotless and in my opinion struck a good balance between African ambience and modern comfort. Nice shampoo, body wash and lotion provided.
We didn't have time to use the pool but it looked clean, and breakfast was really nice. The owner was friendly and helpful, and we ended up wishing we had more than one night here.
A good range of restaurants on the Main Street of town and a close drive to lots of wildlife- we're planning to return on our next trip back to the east cost!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 18, 2013

the ambiance is awesome. the rooms are clean, it has african interior decorating look. the pool area is relaxing and quiet. The staff are friendly and very helpful. Good breakfast. value for money. they organise trips for you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Over rated. Not an authentic experience like the Lonely Planet suggests. Authentic example of White South African arrogance.
Staff were rude and entered into an actual argument with me when I pointed out areas of the room which needed attention. Live socket with no bulb over bed. Health and safety hazard, could easily have put fingers into it when reaching up in the dark. Other light fixtures without bulbs. A hairdryer that was just about ready to burn out and did not dry hair. A cat that ,I realised after I sat on the chair, had made a bed on the patio chairs outside the room... I am allergic to cat hair, this made me unwell. Broken blinds etc... Not a four star standard. Carelessness really.
However the most annoying part of the brief stay was the attitude of the staff. The more senior woman, an owner perhaps, entered into an argument with me when I pointed out the above. I actuakly had to state that I did not want to argue with her. She said she would deal with me after she put on an extravagent display with another couple where she asked if they had enjoyed the stay, she smirked as she did this, almost as if she were rolling her eyes at the silly fools that dared to identify faults in the lodge. When she finished this childish and unprofessional scene she returned her attention to us. The second receptionist joined in at this time, a united front, it was absolutely the most ridiculous and unprofessional example of ' customer service' I have ever witnessed.
This lodge is not worth over one hundred euro per night. Do not waste your money and save your dignity.

• Stayed: July 2012