“Service good food bad.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: Its a franchise in south africa
Description: Its a franchise in south africa
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

From the beginning of Cupachino's opening we supported this restaurant. The pizza was the best in town, but lately the quality of the food seems cheap and plastic. The pasta is oily and nothing tastes fresh. I even think the creamed spinach and parmesan was off. Luckily some new restaurants opened.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My fiancé and I recently ate at the Ilanga mall cuppaccino's. We ordered two Pizza's and asked for some parmesan cheese on the side. The Pizzas arrived and my fiancé sprinkled the cheese on the Pizza. She then took a bite and the cheese was off - we smelled the bowl it was served in and it was most certainly rotten. We called the manager and he came over. We asked him to taste the cheese, he smelled it and began to apologise and took away the Pizza. We were offered another one. No one offered to keep my food warm whilst making another pizza for my Fiance.... eventually the new Pizza arrives and my food is now cold. the waitress then apologises and tells us she has thrown away the rotten cheese and there is no more.... No manager approached us during the meal. No apology for serving rotten food - nothing. We then get the bill, we are charged for everything and no hint of an apology. I manage two hotels - if any of my customers were treated this way I would have to close. I then called the owner who had arrived (surely if you own a restaurant and there is a major problem you ensure your customer is looked after???) and was also dodging us. I had to call him and told him the story. HE then arrived back at the table with a brand new packed of parmesan and opened it in front of us and asked me to taste it (we had been told there was none earlier). I actually was waiting for the candid camera to come out at that stage. I had to explain to the owner that that was a new packet, and most probably not the batch of rotten cheese that had to be thrown away. He then mumbled something under his breath and wandered off. SO clearly we were in the wrong. I paid my bill in full and left. the owner was standing 2 metres from us when we were paying and ignored us! That night and the following day my fiancé is in bed feeling terrible..... Thanks Cuppaccinos - what a wonderful experience!

1  Thank Ross O
Reviewed October 23, 2013

service is good and food is too my Mom and I enjoyed lunch here and the managers are always there to help thanks for that.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Food portions are great and the food is amazing! Coupled with good service, low prices and a relaxed atmosphere and you have a winner in my books!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had an early dinner for 7. The Pizzas were large with plenty of toppings. Service was good and the manager friendly. Will visit again.