Mbombela Holiday Resort & Spa
  • Breakfast included
$130
$90
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $106/night.

$130
$103
  • Pool
35 Kelkiewyn B&B(Nelspruit)(Great Value!)
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Stay away!!!
I booked my two colleagues into this place as they had work to do in the area. After driving all day, they arrived after dark - and despite having paid in advance IN FULL for their five day stay, they were told that the place was full. After endless telephonic conversations between me, and corporate travel agents, they made a plan to accommodate them elsewhere for the night, but sadly they had to go back to this hell-hole the next day. Here are some of the highlights of the place: no Wi-Fi, no working TVs, rooms are filthy and not serviced/cleaned regularly (1 change of towels and linen in 5 days??); the staff is clueless ;the food (breakfast only) is awful; the garden is overgrown, with bushes making one feel unsafe when walking to your room in the dark; and the place permanently houses students which are noisy and drunk.
Horrible experience for my colleagues who could not wait to get out of there and drive back this morning.
Stay Away!

Room Tip: As far away as possible from rooms where students stay permanently
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2017

I have been to alot of resorts in my life but never have I ever received such wonderful treatment from none other than the owner of the resort.She upgraded us to an executive suite just to be able to watch the boxing match of Mayweather cause the other chalet did not have that channel.Lovely you really made us feel like VIPs.thank you for your hospitality and kindness.The food was great!!!The rooms were clean and very tidy.I have no complaints.Cant wait for our next trip

Room Tip: rooms 41-47.its quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2017

I read other reviews, after I have already made a booking here. I wanted to withdraw my booking as everyone said horrible things about the resort, but the curiosity in me got the better of me.

I also called 2 days prior to check in, Zweli confirmed that Yamkelani has indeed made my booking. I initially wanted the family room, as we traveled with kids. I was shown room 35, which we didn't quite like. We were given 2 rooms, which were within the house, housing rooms 41-47. Apart from the bathroom door broken and the small communal bar fridge, we quite enjoyed our stay.

Then there was Mr Mkatshwa, who made sure we were well fed for the 3 days we spent there. They don't really have a wide range of dinner menu, but everything is freshly prepared for you. The breakfast on Sunday was just on another level. Freshly baked muffins and bread are just something you don't get anywhere else.

There's also a nice wedding chapel by the river bank, for those who think of tying the knot. The resort seems to be renovated, but in all earnest< I was expecting the worst, but got more than I bargained for.

The only downside for me is lack of visible signage, the venue is just on the N4, and if you miss is, you might cause an accident trying to u-turn.

Room Tip: Tranquil,Easily accessible,Next to Sudwala lodge
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2017

We arrived in the dark on 30 May 2017. We checked in and was shown to our rooms 34 and 35. Room 34 had no towels and after requesting a double bed there was two single beds in the room, after asking for towels he was moved to another room - the honeymoon suite! in the suite there was no shower.
Room 35 - the room reeked like dirty water - don't know how to explain it - could be old body odour. the bed was half made with no pillow cases, the pillows - I have photographs was dirty.
This establish is in need of a serious make over it is old and tired. The photographs on the website is far from the truth.
Stay away, far away!

Room Tip: do not book a room here
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
3  Thank cowboykoch
Reviewed September 26, 2016

Badly in need of some TLC. It looks as old as it is and the neglect of the past shows. I'm sure it has potential but right now it's just not there. Food was below average and service in the bar was poor, they even ran out of decent beer.

• Stayed: September 2016, traveled on business