“recent visit to lowveld botanical gardens-nelspruit”

Lowveld National Botanical Garden
$67.42*
Full-Day Panorama Tour from Hazyview
Ranked #3 of 26 things to do in Nelspruit
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lowveld National Botanical Garden in Nelspruit, ‘grows’ magically out of the confluence of the Crocodile and Nels Rivers and offers up a magnificent array of nature’s treasures. The two rivers create spectacular waterfalls which give this Garden its visually spectacular character.
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My wife & I visited the lowveld botanicals during our stay in Nelspruit over the Christmas weekend. I must admit we were very impressed by the gardens & the Crocodile river that runs through it. The entrance was well presented, properly sign posted. Entry prices were good. Despite the heat & humidity our trip to these gardens was...excellent. The restaurants were both good. There is also a child play area near the restaurant. Gardens were pretty well kept although certain sections needed weeding. This attraction is an absolute gem to visit & is definitely one of the few botanical gardens left to have a day out. Very under rated, more publicity is required. A security guard was stationed at a particular point near the confluence of the Nels & the Crocodile rivers which we found very pleasing. When we visited there were more tourists than locals. I would recommend this attraction. Would I visit again-absolutely! Well done to the provincial Govt & Sappi & the Sun Resort for the funds put in making this place an international tourist attraction.

2  Thank Samuel H K

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

An awesome experience. What a surprise to visit such a beautiful tropical rain forest with waterfalls, rivers, bridges and winding pathways. Fantastic biodiversity. Definitely worth a visit.

2  Thank travelmanza
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stunning view. Take lots of water, especially in summer! Expecting gardens and a picnic spot, we were unprepared for the waterfall/cascades and rapids.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

This is a beautiful place,however my husband and i spent Christmas Eve in the local hospital as we had been attached here. I had my bag stolen and my husband hit on the head which required stitches. Should you venture please go in a group. We were on the main paths. But just unlucky.

Beautiful plants and birds,well laid out,but very large estate.

4  Thank SuperstarFleet
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were enjoying the gardens (Christmas eve) until we were attacked and mugged by the Nel's River view point. I was hit on the side of my head with a rock and my wife's handbag was stolen. Apparently, this was the third attack in this area recently. NO WARNINGS WERE GIVEN, NO GUARDS WERE IN THE AREA!!! If you value your safety and your possessions PLEASE don't visit. It is an awful experience to have possessions stolen and spend the afternoon getting stitches and giving police statements.

13  Thank Ken_N_42_UK