“Bundu”
Review of Bundu Lodge

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Often stay over for work. The lodge is situated on a bit of a kopje which gives excellent views of the bush veld. You may also encounter peacock and any number of other bird species wandering around between chalets. Ours had an outside shower as well as verandah with small kitchen area. Rooms are excellent except for tv channels. Otherwise absolutely no other complaints. Breakfasts were awesome!

Room Tip: The chalets are much better than the rooms in the building
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Aha2013, Public Relations Manager at Bundu Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Bundu Lodge appreciates your review, and we hope to be your host again in the near future.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed here on December 2014 for a family holiday. The location is very nice, with tall trees, nice green landscaping with unusual plants. I was so attracted with so many animals especially the zebras walking around. They are friendly too! Breakfast was awesome or should I say excellent.Definitely we are coming back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Aha2013, Public Relations Manager at Bundu Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We really appreciate it.

Regards

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I visited bundu lodge last week. Such an amazing family friendly place with the little animal farm and pony rides for the kids.

The food is good value for money and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We had a great stay and will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I stayed here for a week. The room was poorly furnished for the price paid. During my stay there, there were many delegates from a political rally that was taking place nearby that also stayed at Bundu lodge. These guests were extremely rowdy at night and would continue into the morning hours. When I asked the management of Bundu to please request the other guests to keep their noise levels down they bluntly refused. That same evening, I was awoken at 4 am by the same rowdy guests and found that my laptops and cellphones had been taken from my room while I was asleep in it!!!! I once again asked management to intervene and to call the Police, yet they again refused and I had to deal with the matter myself! I would highly recommend that anyone, be it a professional or a holiday goer, steer well clear of Bundu Lodge!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JCVerm
Aha2013, Public Relations Manager at Bundu Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your review and alerting us with your concerns, please accept our most sincere apologies for the delay in our response as we have been experiencing extreme network problems since Friday 4th April.

It is unfortunate that Bundu Lodge was unaware of your dissatisfaction with the standard of accommodation during your week’s stay, perhaps should we have been given this opportunity, we may have been in the position to make you more comfortable. Over the past 5 years we are not aware of unfavorable situations of this nature and in addition, after thorough investigation we are satisfied that Bundu Lodge’s Manager on Duty who was immediately alerted, attended to the incident and offered his full co-operation in this matter.

It is never pleasant dealing with situations like this. We at Bundu Lodge strive to excel in all that we do and are really sorry that your stay with us ended in this way.

Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you!
Thank you for your patience whilst we have been investigating this matter and we look forward to the opportunity of being your hosts in the near future – off course under more favorable conditions.

Regards

Reviewed March 18, 2014

I found every thing nice and clean, quiet... Just the check in a little late, any way this won't stop me for passing by again :-)
For the food it was my type of food, has I am used to Portuguese type of food, but I could enjoy the wine was excellent .
I recommend all visitors to go there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. We enjoyed it, cute room. Everything that you needed, coffee, tea, small fridge ect. The food at the wedding was awesome and we had a really good time! Checking in was quick and the man behind the counter was really friendly. A few things needs improving: 1) The grounds for example, not really looked after. There was so much moss between the bricks and paving, but it could have been because of all the rain that the area had. But it did give you the impression that they might be lacking with staff to look after their property. The animals though were extremely cute and it seems that they are most certainly looked after and happy. 2) When going into the room, we immediately put the aircon on, was extremely hot. After we found the aircon after both of us searching, we found it at a strange place, behind a curtain.... doesnt really make sense. We also wanted the fan to be on (good quality fan may i add), but you have to plug the bedside table lamp out to plug it in. Come evening, plug fan out, move bed and plug bedside table lamp on again, move bed back...3) Then there were stains on one of the smaller towels and the wall and roof in the bathroom is in DESPERATE need of painting or attention to get rid of the mold. Beside these small things, we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night and they gave me a room without aircon that smelled a lot. After complaining the gave ia a better room but without a shower just a bath and very old, the Tv had 3 channels!!! We hate a pizza that was Nice and my daughter loved the animals. Bad experience.

Stayed: March 2014