“struttura perfetta per tappa verso o da Kruger”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mariu Guest House

Mariu Guest House
and 1 more site!
Mariu Guest House
Ranked #16 of 69 Nelspruit B&B and Inns
Turin, Italy
“struttura perfetta per tappa verso o da Kruger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

perfect rooms with attention to any details. the owners are very kind and can help for any trouble or advise on your trip. if Nelspruit is on your way, you have to stop there for a perfect customer experience.

Room Tip: we had 2 rooms and they were perfect
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Nelspruit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Ralph and his wife are incredible hosts. We loved everything in their place. Rooms are excellent, the breakfast is very good and every detail is perfect in the place. Ralph was incredible in helping us with problems there are not related to the guesthouse service. Our car has a problem and he helps us in everything! Our stay here was amazing!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Centurion, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Ralph and Charlene are professional and spontaneous hosts. They met us very friendly at arrival. The rooms are very neat and good value for money.
It's very seldom that what you see on the web is what you get!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ella T
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed at Ralph and Charlene's place at 3 different occasions during our stay in South Africa. They were really friendly and helpful and gave us great tips on how to continue our trip. They are really great hosts and are always ready to help out.

We stayed in three different rooms (each for one night after visiting other places) in their guesthouse and every time the room was nice. In the last room we even had a nice bathtub. The best thing about this guesthouse is how clean everything is. We haven't stayed at a place in South Africa which had cleaner sheets and bathrooms.

We can recommend anyone who stays over in Nelspruit before going to Kruger National Park to stay at Mariu Guest House!

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are really nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hopetown, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I always stay at Ralph and Charlene`s, guesthouse,because I feel safe and welcome. They are organized and very professional, really no nonsense peolpe.I booked as I usually do, this time I was delayed, phoned ahead and when I arrived after 10 pm the reception was warm and friendly. Must compliment my hosts, the changes to the rooms are very stylish. It is a pleasure to stay at this peaceful and secure place. Excellent. Ralph and Charlene you are 5star hosts. I will recomment your place to all my travelling colleague`s! See you in next term!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Pretoria, South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I booked a night here on the way to Kruger, stayed here once before for work and did not encounter a problem. My family (who came in from New York) and I were coming from Pretoria after the working day and encountered traffic along the way. I HAD SPECIFICALLY TOLD THE OWNERS THE DAY BEFORE THAT WE WOULD BE ARRIVING AT 8PM THEN THEY SAID NO PROBLEM. We encountered traffic and arrived in Nelspruit around 9pm and decided to get something to eat. I called Charlene on the road and she was aware of our arrival time. When I arrived in Nelspruit I called to say we would be getting something to eat and then she proceeeded to yell at me and say that it was not possible to come to the guesthouse. Her husband was so rude and would refuse to speak with us and turned off their phone. They were completely rude and left us stranded at 9.30 PM in the middle of Nelspruit. Thank god I was able to find another hotel last minute to stay or else we would have been stranded after driving nearly 400 kilometers from Pretoria. I also PAID for the night and sent all of my credit card information for the two rooms. HOW CAN YOU CLOSE A GUESTHOUSE AT 9.30 PM??? PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS GUESTHOUSE. I REPEAT DO NOT BOOK A STAY HERE. Her husband Ralph is extremely rude and you would yourself a favor to book elsewhere. i have never encountered service like this in my life, and have never reviewed a hotel before but I want to let you know about this before you booke here. I have reported the guesthouse to the south african tourism authority about this incident and have also notified my colleagues who stay in Nelspruit for work to not stay at this guesthouse. Absolutely terrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank kpc246
Parma, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was one night at the Mariu Guest House and it was a peaceful place before going to the Kruger. It is apart from the center of Nelspruit and really quite and comfortable. Ralph and Charlene are really friendly and she prepare a nice breakfast the night before I leaved really early in the morning. You can easily visit the Botanic Garden in Nelspruit, it is nice and close to the center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo