“Trip of a life time”
Review of Wild Journeys

Wild Journeys
Ranked #5 of 12 Tours in Nelspruit
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Working with Carl was an absolute pleasure! He was extremely responsive and planned us a perfect honeymoon. From the hotels / bed and breakfasts that he suggested and booked to the to the seamless transfers and plane reservations and absolutely incredible Safari experience - Carl helped us plan a trip of a life time! We will definitely passing along Carl's contacts to all friends looking to explore Africa!

There are newer reviews for Wild Journeys

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Pat arranged our trip to South Africa , Botswana and Zambia. The trip could have not have gone more smoothly. Everyone showed up not only on time ,but early. I want to thank Pat for a great trip ,and I would greatly recommend this company to anyone booking a trip to Africa.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Pat Littlejohn arranged a fabulous safari for us with stops in Kruger, the Okavango Delta and Victoria Falls. She could not have been more helpful in tailoring the trip to what we wanted while, at the same time, making some great suggestions re: places to stay. The camps were wonderful and transferring between them was entirely stress-free - even when our transport was a small bush plane we would be delivered to the airstrip and 5 - 10 minutes later a plane would appear! I highly recommend Wild Journeys.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We put ourselves in Wild Journeys' hands to organize our Kruger National Park safari, last October. Carl and Pat from the first e-mail, gave as the good vibes that it was going to be a total success, and it really was!
When you are with the right people, nothing can be wrong, and we felt like this during our one day safari. Thanks to them and of course the rangers, we were able to see the big five, so thank you guys and keep up the good work!
I will definitely come back for a longer stay!

1  Thank Peter S
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I owe my seamless and fantastic first trip in South Africa to Carl from Wild Journeys (and his wife Pat Littlejohn also had a hand in it). Carl was able to help me piece together and personalize a trip with several limitations as I had already booked my international flights and was spending the first 10 days out of a 19 day trip doing volunteer work.

As a solo female traveller I truly appreciated how Carl arranged not only for me to be picked up and taxied to each property/leg of my adventure but for my last full day in SA, he arranged a scenic tour. I got to see everything I had hoped to see but the drive also included a fantastic stop in a little town called Graskop. A nice touch was that a fantastic lunch was included (at Harrie's Pancake - a beacon for coffee lovers in a land of instant). A huge bonus was shopping at "Curio D'Africque" for serious museum-quality African artefacts at non-museum prices. It really did feel like I was visiting a very packed museum and it was hard to believe that everything was for sale.

Thanks to Carl, my final full day in Africa was perfection, as was the rest of my trip. I felt completely taken care of and safe. I never had to worry about whether the driver would be on time, etc. The drivers were always at least 15 minutes early and every one of them a pleasure to visit with no matter how brief or long the drive (the aforementioned drive took over 8 hours - normally it would take 4-5 but the driver showed me some extras and even obliged a request to make an extra pit stop with absolute pleasure. I'm so thankful for this because the "wrong" match/driver could have made for a very unpleasant experience for a solo female traveller who had no other means of getting around).

Let me also add that when a potential issue came up (no fault of Carl's), he called me in SA several times to help me figure out what I wanted to do and all the while he was CALM, a most excellent listener and super patient. In the end I followed his advice and all worked out brilliantly.

I only got back from my trip two weeks ago, and I've already asked Carl to plan my next trip to Africa. I'm truly grateful to know that Carl and Pat were there for me every step of the way - from planning, to booking, to actually dealing with an issue while abroad and in follow-up.

I look forward to my next adventure!
cm